Progress update

Re: Progress update

Y'know, there could be something quite funky and "new retro" about putting on a small tank (find a way round the shifter) and riding a Servi in "skeletal" form....guess it must have been tried.

I agree. If I had a second one........... at the right price...........

Hi Ray and Paul.

There was one at last years Chill Out Rally (Region 9).

It had a Sportster tank, and the gears were changed by a
gearshift connected directly to the gearbox.

It was ridden by a lady, maybe she's a member or perhaps someone
from Region 9 or another region may know her and could post some
pictures.

Jezz Shirley's stripped servi was absolutely stunning. And he could really keep that thing on the boil. Gutted he's fallen off the map, good company, nice guy.

Hi Paul.

Thats the one that was at the Chill Out Rally.
The only difference is the tool roll on the forks.

What were the chances eh Dave, y'know the more I look at it the more I want to ride it. Perhaps once I cannot hold my bike up anymore....

Well, after being sidelined for 3 weeks with a back problem, that is still around, I have finally managed to do a bit more work on the Servi. Today, I have got a spark of life all the way to the plugs, so the next job is to get the tanks on and see if she runs.166.jpg
Latest pic.

"..oh that?..well, that is an auxiliary alternator that runs off the rear wheel officer..haven't got round to wiring it yet, y'know, finding the time etc.."

Well, after two and a half years with me, and feck knows how long before, at least 10 years I'm guessing, the Servi started today. Still needs some work on timing issues etc, but SHE LIVES!
Test ride soon.

I suppose if you must have three wheels, you may as well have a little cracker, and that's exactly what you've got!

Well, today I took the first ride on the near completed Servi. It was a delight to ride, motor was smooth, transmission changed up and down with little argument, and the reverse was a new experience. Thanks to Topper for all his help and experience, without whom I would still be in the dark, or worse. See you at a show soon.

Back