Project Rapido 1968: started.

M

Marjo

Andre bought a nice running Rapido in the Uk a couple of weeks ago and as it turns out.. a very rare one. Worth restaurating to it's former glory!
Huib and Andre decided to go for it and last saturday started the project. It's going to take a couple of months for sure, but i'll keep you posted with the progress.

Below some pictures and a video of the bike running (yes running!) of the start of the project and the link to the full album so far.

Taking it apart, it became clear that the frame it f**cked, but not FUBAR, but probably will be hunting for a new frame this week, as there are still frames out there.

It looks like it has been chopped (haha), that won't do. The color now is blue, as you can see, it's originally black.

Here goes: Project ML Rapido 125CC 1968!

IMG_6058.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

The vids of the running bike:

The rest of the progress photo's are here if you are interested and I will keep you posted of the things to come.

Project Rapido 1968 Photos by BlackMagicMedia | Photobucket

Re: Project Rapido 1968: started.

Looking at the rear shocks and wheel,it will be fine,if you keep turning right.:frown:

Keep us posted.:)

Should be fun but your workshop is looking bigger all the time .:)

Thats got a club trophy at some future event written all over it!

Thats got a club trophy at some future event written all over it!

Knowing my technical skills.. it won't be "best engineering" (although Huibs' skills are pretty good!) hehe and my plan is to steal all the " best paint" awards for the next two years with my dyna project.. I dont think "furstest distance" is realistic, so how about just " best bike " :):169B9ADF431545348BC

Thanks Paul :) Its going to look good, I am sure :)

In the days of the original Shipley rally we once gave Best Classic to a 1974 SXT-125.

Back