R.I.P. Celtic legend Jimmy Johnstone

BaZa®

Deceased Member
Celtic great Johnstone dies at 61

_41433050_jimmy_johnstone203x152.jpg
Johnstone was part of the Celtic side that won nine titles in a row

Celtic legend Jimmy Johnstone has died at the age of 61 after a long battle with motor neurone disease.
Johnstone was a member of Celtic's Lisbon Lions team, who became the first British side to win the European Cup when they beat Inter Milan in 1967.
Johnstone scored over 100 goals for Celtic, won 23 caps for Scotland and in 2002 was voted Celtic's greatest player by supporters of the club.
He was diagnosed with the motor neurone condition in November 2001. His son James Johnstone, 35, said: "My dad passed away at 6am this morning. It hasn't even begun to sink in yet for the family."

Re: R.I.P. Celtic legend Jimmy Johnstone

Jinky will be sorely missed...a friend of my boss and a few workmates i've heard lots of stories..a local and national hero......a sad day...

RIP
Jimmy Johnstone

God rest the Wee Man`s soul.
LEGEND.

Great footballer with fantastic ball control,RIP

I have heard it mentioned that there has never been another even today with his qualities.

R.I.P. Jimmy Johnstone one of Scotland's best

Big_john Spain

R I P Wee jinky he was one of the best

ma dad played golf with him in the past said he was a gent

sad day indeed ,r.i.p weeman ,noo yer way yer big pal, bobby,good to see the religious divide was overcome today with many a rangers supporter showing respect to a true pro, him and baxter what a pair,

R.I.P. Jimmy Johnstone one of Scotland's best

Harry Holland

Back