Recently overhauled Blast

J

JonnyHog

Hi.

Here are some pics of my GF's Blast that we bought last August and just finished overhauling. It still needs the decals but it's running well and Helena loves it! She's only 5ft 2ins tall so this 3/4 scale bike fits her like a glove.

Does anyone else ride a Blast?

Cheers,
Jon

Re: Recently overhauled Blast

Well done. I don't think they were ever officially imported, so you probably have a pretty rare bike there.

There's a few owners on the UKBEG forum.

I know a lady local to me that has one, and loves it. :)

Congrats....Really Nice!!

Those are cool as hell ... Would love one as a winter commuter / toy.

Thanks for the replies.

Helena is on UKBEG and has found another lady owner in Portsmouth. We bought 'Erik' from a lady owner in Southampton and I really enjoyed riding him home (about 60 miles) despite the fact that the bike had the low seat fitted so at 6ft I felt a bit like a clown on a circus bike :D. Even Helena prefers the standard seat we've since fitted.

We managed to source parts from Earl Smalls' Harley Davidson in Atlanta whilst passing through US in transit. We had to dash back to the airport and the customs guys smiled at the loose drive belt poking out of our rucksack!

Had some other parts arrive by post including a spare tank cover which has the Buell decals but the colour scheme is not so bold against the yellow. We've bought some black vinyl 'Buell' stickers to try out on the original cover still fitted. If they are any good, we'll order a custom sized set for the new cover.

Finding parts has been...um...interesting. When a brand new front brake caliper arrived in the post, I thought "that looks familiar" and reached for a spare caliper I already had for my Triumph. Exactly the same! It wasn't so easy getting hold of a seal kit for the 11mm dia. master cylinder. There have been good results, though; the best bargain was a set of rear wheel bearings which came in at ?3..delivered :smile:!

We've taken the view that with a bike this rare (in the UK) we need to stock up a wee bit!

Jon

PS I've been gravitating towards a Ulysses recently. It must be catching.

Good stuff.

No sign of any of them in Australia....they weren't imported here either.

Back