Reg.

Z

zipps

On my regestration doc.for the shovel it states that it was first regestered in this country in 1990. not Q plate.but the vin no.indicates that the frame is from 1976. I was wondering if it was possible to have the reg. corrected.I am fine with the plate but quite fancy tax exempt..rich.

Re: Reg.

Found this - may help?

"Vehicles are assigned "Q" prefix registration numbers to show that their origins or age are uncertain. "Q" numbers are therefore non-transferable and must remain with the vehicle unless documentary evidence which confirms its origins or age comes to the attention of the DVLA who may then choose to assign an age-related registration mark. If you find such documentary evidence for your Q plated vehicle then you should send it to your nearest DVLA who may then assign a replacement age-related registration number plate to the vehicle. Once the DVLA authorise such a change and your vehicle is assigned a standard age related registration mark"

Thanks Dev. I think my post must be a bit misleading the bike has an age related.but what I was thinking of was tax exemption..rich.

I think the only way round that is to get a frame and log book the same age and transfer the reg. As for getting it tax exempt you stand absolutely no chance with this lot in power. :D:D:D:D The original tax exemption was for any vintage ( over 25 years old ) vehicle, strange how that was changed to pre 1978 straight after they won the election.
Alan B

you need to speak to patrick the french owl;)

My shovel is 1974/75 N reg and its not tax exempt,i might be wrong but i think 73 is the last year for free tax

Old vehicles constructed before 1 January 1973 (historic vehicles) are road tax exempt. you still have to apply for a yearly tax disc which denotes the vehicle as tax exempt.

Back