Region 24 Three County Borders Meet: 1st Wednesday of the month

Added to Calendar: 12 dates

BaZa®

Deceased Member
David and Alison are going to be at The Iron Bull roadhouse on the evenings of the first Wednesday of the month The Iron Bull Roadhouse, Water End Park, Old Basing, Basingstoke. RG24 7BB. 1st Wednesday of the month. 6.30pm onwards.

All welcome come by car if you want to, the more the merrier and ask for Alison or David they are both trike riders.

Thanks BaZa… I will wear my waistcoat with Ally on… 😆 Cant really miss my trike - it’s bright orange but Dave will probably be on 2 wheels. 🏍️

Just a reminder that the R24 monthly meeting is this Wednesday (6 Sept) at:

Iron Bull Roadhouse
Water End Park
Old Basing
Basingstoke
RG24 7BB

Would be good to see some region members there… and of course friends of the region / all members.

Forecast is looking good so let’s make the most if it.

Ally 😊

Hi Barry, I'm the owner of the Iron Bull Roadhouse. It's just come to my attention about your planned meet here on Wed 6th Sep. I have dropped a note to your website but thought I'd better try via FB as well.

Unfortunately nobody discussed this with me beforehand to see if it would work. Wednesday is our busy weekly Quiz Night, with a special limited menu, reduced food availability time, reserved terrace area, limited parking, etc, to cater for the regular quiz teams that attend every week. It would not at all be suitable for a potentially large group of bikes to come in simultaneously.

Might I suggest you change this week's planned meeting to Thursday evening which is our popular Bike Night and BBQ? I'd be happy to reserve an area out the front for your members to park together in. Then we could have a chat about what evening would work better/make sense moving forward. I'm happy to discuss on the phone (07734345345) or on Thu evening if you do come in then.

Apologies for any inconvenience but wanted to flag this to you as I only just found out about it through a Harley rider that attends here regularly.

Best regard
Paul Ghent

Oh dear… I realised it was their quiz night but wasn’t aware how popular it is. I also didn’t realise we would need to make prior arrangement - last meeting there was just the three of us turn up and I’m not sure there will be ‘a large group of bikes turning up’ Wednesday. My intension was to discuss with the region suitability of the venue when we met and any alternative venues.

Thursday bike night didn’t really work last month. Parking was very tight and we didn’t know who had come for the bike night and who for the meeting…

So, bearing in mind the communication today from Iron Bull I guess we need to postpone the meeting this month until we can agree on an alternative day or venue.

Ally

Back