region social meets/ catch up

jimmy2spanners

Membership Secretary.
Region meets

2nd Wednesday of the month, Green man ,Ringmer numbers throughout the year have been dwindling , we get good numbers only June/.July but the rest of the time we get a table of ten of the regulars. The last meet couple of weeks ago we had six members. We’ve lost a few members but not really had any newbies join in the East side of the region since the post covid years.

4th Wednesday of the month, The longshore, Shoreham now looks to be the most popular meet. Since post covid we’ve seen membership grow significantly in West and Mid (A23 corridor) Sussex. Numbers at this meet averages between 14 to 22 .

Both meets continue throughout the year so its great seeing bikes but please don’t feel like a fraud turning up at a social meet by car if the weather is dreadful. Meets are important for maintaining contact with everyone and for anyone potentially looking into the club so we need to keep them supported throughout the year.

Last Friday of the month Summer only club region presence at the Custom cafes Friday bike night. Although this venue has a bike night every Friday from April through to October it was suggested to have a club presence here once a month. Its a way of engaging with other Harley riders who attend here and not too far to go for members in the Eastbourne, Bexhill, hasting's areas This year those who came along chatted with and handed out coaster calling cards to Harley riders. I liked the idea but although just had a handful of club members here plus couple of times weather has stopped the biking community from attending, I would like to continue with once a month here in 2024. However, the last Friday was always the same week as the 4th Wednesday meet. As it would be too late to discuss this at the regional Agm for publishing purposes, Providing CC continue with their Friday bike nights next year I would like to suggest a club region presence here either the 1st Friday or the 3rd Friday of the month. This will run from April to possible October weather permitting.

Lastly, Christmas dinner will pounce upon us so don’t forget to let me know whos coming with you and what you having. Check out the main posting for menu.

See yer soon

Back