RFL - A thank you and an apologie ...

F

Fluffy

Hi Guys ...

Thanks for inviting me on RFL - I really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting names to faces, are allot of really sweet bikes .. put mine to shame !

Must say sorry for dissapearing, I broke down on M6 south dunno what happened, bike juist started missing beats like it was mis-firing, then it stalled .. very odd .. one guy did stop, thought i went onto reserves to went looking for petrol... but then carried on doing it ... so decided to limp home .. so very sorry for missing out :'(

Anyway, had much fun meeting peeps .. ttfn all !

Re: RFL - A thank you and an apologie ...

Glad you got home safe, with all that spray it was impossible to see what was happening behind me , It was not much fun on the M6 or on the M62 on the ride home, Its been a long time since I got that wet,
Hope to see you again at the Hunters Inn Poole bank.

Shame you had trouble, M6 was a nightmare as was M62 on way home.

Next time you come out, swing by my house on your way into Leeds, and I'll show you where the chaps & chapesses usually meet up.

Hedgehog.

cheers steve ... dont worry about it, didnt realise who was behind me most of the time ...

do you think it was just the wet why my engine was cutting out ? or soemthing more synister ?

Fluffy said:
cheers steve ... dont worry about it, didnt realise who was behind me most of the time ...

do you think it was just the wet why my engine was cutting out ? or soemthing more synister ?

Can't be fuel, you'd only just filled up....

If I were you, seen as you've only just bought it, I'd have it back to Eddy's and ask them to check it over.

think i will do ... I did think it was a bit odd, but put it down to the wet .. ill ring them tommorow and see what eddys say ...

Hey Fluffy,

Everyone noticed you were missing when we stopped, but nobody was sure where. I was level when I saw you fiddling with the fuel tap, but couldn't stop with the young 'un on the back.

The modern Sportster electrics are normally pretty forgiving in the wet - but a crack in a coil casing or even a rubber shroud could give you problems in heavy rain like today.

As Steve says, let the shop take a look, but be patient 'cos trying to replicate that problem in the dry is damned near impossible. If all else fails, get everything dried off (with a hair drier) then give the coil and leads a liberal squirting with ignition sealer.

See you soon,

12 (Andy)

Cheers Andy ...

I spoke to Eddy's reckon its a bad contact that the water seeped into .. says I just clean my contacts and put a bit of WD40 on them ...

Ill try that and see how I get on ..

Cheers peeps

Fluffy said:
says I just clean my contacts and put a bit of WD40 on them ...

Ill try that and see how I get on ..

Cheers peeps

I'm no expert but I would think very carefully before cleaning contact lenses with WD40 :eek:

With all that spray on the M6 and M62 I think I might try WD40 on
my contact lenses, :D
My gears still drying out , :( stuffed the boots full of newspaper to try and get the water out.

Apology not necessary! thanks for turning out, hope your bikes ok, if it's a crack in the coil just smear some silicone sealant over it, I did 21/2 years ago & it's still going fine! :D also beware of chrome coil covers. ;)

steve said:
With all that spray on the M6 and M62 I think I might try WD40 on
my contact lenses, :D
My gears still drying out , :( stuffed the boots full of newspaper to try and get the water out.

dried mine out sunday nite same way then took bike for mot and u guessed it !! yes bloomin rained so dried then again and ran outer paper now:eek:

gloves nice n warm toasted on fire :cool: :D was nice to see 12 and holly who did great job of baton change over ;) :) hedgehog and kev and others from yorks region who made run from skipton.

well done you guys :cool:

ah-ha .. i think ive sussed it, got my bike out today and it felt like it was doing the same again, mis-firing ... stopped at at petrol station and found there is almost no oil in it !

doh !

Topped up to full and it is running like a dream .. swceet !

Back