SE Ignition unit part numbers?

Fast Lane

Club Member
I just received a SE ignition & coil kit labelled as kit no. 31775-01A. This kit is listed (in the HD instructions from HH website) as containing ign unit no 31778-01A & coil no. 31704-99. Turns out that when I open the box the ign & coil are different numbers - those listed in kit no.31721-01. This kit I have is listed for 99-01 FLHT/FLT & mine is an 03 carbed FXST, 1550 & 9.4:1 comp. The instuctions for the actual units that I have says not to be used on any other model, but also says they can be used with heads milled up to 0.050'' and high performance cams? Could I do any damage if I fit this kit? Cheers ..

Re: SE Ignition unit part numbers?

The SE Performance Ign 31775-01A, is esp for higher compressions. It retards the ignition at certain points to prevent detonation.
It will do no harm to run it on yours, but unfortunately will probably not do a whole lot of good either.

Thanks Phil .. the 31775-01A is the one that I was after (and the sticker on the outside of the box) but the ign & coil inside have the numbers listed for kit no. 31721-01 which is designed for FL models .. Not a good idea to use it on my Softail?

Ive got one lying in my garage not fitted, serious retard on ign.
fit the coil though you will be surprised.;)

The coil that I received is no. 31707-99 but the one I was after is 31704-99 .. Not sure whether to still use it .. Which kit is it that you have ST? Any idea what the difference is between the two coils?

Back