Secure seat bolt

semmyroundel

Club Member
Hi, as I'm off with throwover saddlebags shortly, I'd like to not have to take them off the bike each time I park up.
Therefore, I'd like to source a seat bolt that is a bit more secure than the finger tighten, or HD standard bolt.
I've seen on Ebay some from America with chrome/black caps on but would like to source this from Uk.
Can anyone help with this?

Re: Secure seat bolt

You could try a security bolt, a blot with a flat head that can only be undone by a nut underneath the fender. You could also put some adhesive on the bolt so it cant be easily undone. Maybe look at screw fix to get some idea.

Hi, that's an idea alright, but I just wanted to dissuade the casual thief rather than make it virtually impossible as I might want to take off the seat to remove the bags myself. But hey, thanks for the input, I may do it in the end.
I have seen these chrome dome covered bolts advertised in the states, but won't be able to get it before we go, and also what a cost!
Cheers.

I use a allen bolt with a with a shiny plug stuck in it.I have some nice H/D thumb screw type ..But as not many people walk round with a set of allen keys in there arse pocket that does the job.

Thanks allen, you know what? I'll take your idea and improve on it. I'll shove some araldite in the hole and paint the whole lot black. I'm willing to bet that even less people walk around with a mini set of grips in their pocket...I do.

Back