Sena SRL2 and Boombox 6.5 GT

Bikerdave

Club Member
Hi all - I think I already know the answer to this having been scouring tinterweb all weekend - I have a Shoei Neotec 2 helmet with SRL2 (Sena) built in. The boombox 6.5 GT just refuses to see it and very limited functionality from the iPhone even when connected via the USB. Have HD intentionally sabotaged the system so you can only have wired products in your helmet?
Currently I will use the phone as the satnav and not bother with the built in systems at all. Such a waste. Anyone found a fix or has this one beaten us all??

You Need a Bluetooth WHIM and also have to use the Harley Davidson helmets with their headsets if you want the headset to be controlled via the handlebar controls.

I understand with a WHIM Senna will work, but no handlebar controls.

If you want Apple Carplay you also need the WHIM and ask the dealer to turn it on, or you can buy a jumper module that plugs into the loom for around £30.

Volunteer Audio can also sell you a device that allows you to flash your boom audio (without the expense of buying the WHIM) and turn the Apple Carplay on. I used this and it's great.

Thanks Dazzlin - a US based company though? HD really have let themselves down with not integrating with the technology market leaders and cables rather than wireless in this day and age seems bonkers. :cool:

Thanks Dazzlin - a US based company though? HD really have let themselves down with not integrating with the technology market leaders and cables rather than wireless in this day and age seems bonkers. :cool:
Yes, USA, but delivery is fast. I bought a complete upgrade from them recently. Their YouTube videos show you how to flash the BOOM Audio

The requirement for a WHIM to go Bluetooth is HD's way to get you to buy more gear and then the helmets that are compatible with the handlebar controls. Same as the dire quality speakers fitted as standard in Glide's to encourage you to go Stage 1 or 2. Frankly that are not great either hence running with Volunteer Audio solution which is very good.

I've emailed them anyway, really appreciate the feedback and guidance my friend. I'll let you know if I make progress. I have an electronics/engineering background so determined to find a way to resolve this lol.....

Thanks! I’ve emailed Sena to see if it is supported by the Sena Freewire. The SRL2 is based on the 20S but I’m not assuming it will work. :).

Back