Sourcing a S&S cam plate & oil pump kit

JonnyGal

Hi
I am after a S&S or Fueling cam plate & oil pump kit for my RKS, I think I might be experiencing some sumping issues and want to get this upgraded before i have any loss of power or anything like that. I have seen such as Ebay and Hogparts UK and ARH, i just wanted to see if there is any recommendations from anyone on a best place to go that I may not know of that actually have it in stock?

Appreciate any help.

Hi
I am after a S&S or Fueling cam plate & oil pump kit for my RKS, I think I might be experiencing some sumping issues and want to get this upgraded before i have any loss of power or anything like that. I have seen such as Ebay and Hogparts UK and ARH, i just wanted to see if there is any recommendations from anyone on a best place to go that I may not know of that actually have it in stock?

Appreciate any help.
Check that you actually need an expensive S&S or Feuling pump and cam plate before you spend your hard earned cash. Unless the bike is running a lot of mechanical modifications the updated factory pump as fitted from late 2019 will do the job as well as an aftermarket pump and is a much cheaper way of improving the scavenging performance of an M8 oil pump.

Comments 1, 7 and 8 in this thread have plenty of relevant info https://www.hdrcgb.org/threads/m8-o...prated-oil-pump-and-cam-plate-needed.1189727/

Last edited:
Also, do you know about the modified sump drain plug ? Shorter than std, apparently the std drain plug can get in the way of the scavenge port. Jon Palmer at Big Boar Motorcycles knows all about this issue, he keeps the modded plugs in stock

Check that you actually need an expensive S&S or Feuling pump and cam plate before you spend your hard earned cash. Unless the bike is running a lot of mechanical modifications the updated factory pump as fitted from late 2019 will do the job as well as an aftermarket pump and is a much cheaper way of improving the scavenging performance of an M8 oil pump.

Comments 1, 7 and 8 in this thread have plenty of relevant info https://www.hdrcgb.org/threads/m8-o...prated-oil-pump-and-cam-plate-needed.1189727/
Really appreciate the response and info on this. The bike only has a SE torque cam, air filter and headers and slips with dynojet map. I have no intentions at all to go any heavier than that with engine mods, I am happy with it and have been for 15k miles. I just want to prevent and further issues and potential sumping etc.
This may very well be a great option to look at. Thank you

Also, do you know about the modified sump drain plug ? Shorter than std, apparently the std drain plug can get in the way of the scavenge port. Jon Palmer at Big Boar Motorcycles knows all about this issue, he keeps the modded plugs in stock
No, I'm unaware of a different sump plug. I'll have a look around for one. Thanks

Back