Speedo wireing

T

Tony

Hi All,
Does anyone know if this will work ?
I am planning to fit an 02 speedo to a 1996 Road king. Will it go right in or do I have to play around with some wires.
Any advice on this will be gratefully accepted.

Tony.....

Last edited:
Re: Speedo wireing

I would be doubtful it can be done, you never know though.
Haven't heard of anybody that has done it before, be interesting to find out.

Here is is the 02 main harness diagram for the FLHR, sorry about the size but you might need to see the detail. ;)

2002_FLHR_and_FLHRC_I_DOMESTIC_and_INTERNATIONAL_Models_Main_Harness.JPG

Cheers H.H.
Thanks for the diagram, just what I was looking for.
I'll still have a go cos I've payed for it now. :eek:
I just want to get the speedo working.
I'll post how it went.
Thanks again

Tony.........

While I dont know the wiring for a 96, fundementaly if it has a proximity transducer ie sensor off the gearbox triggered by a stepped gear, then it should do something because it produces a pulse and the speedo is onlt a meter so to speak just like a tacho but the trouble will be getting it to be calibrated for input as it will vary according to model and year.
end of the day try it at the worst all it can do is fail?

not a good idea to show wiring to the world, huh. security and all that lad :eek:

Hasn't your bike got a mechanical speedo drive off the front wheel, same as the Ultra?

silverfox said:
not a good idea to show wiring to the world, huh. security and all that lad :eek:
You're *SOoo* right lad, but if you find a way of bypassing the security using the wiring diagram I'll eat the book.
There is a little bit more to it than just jumping wires like in the old days.

Derm the 96 diag would be more relevant. ?

He needed to know where the connections on the 02 went, I presume he already has the 96 schematics.
How're things Simon, good I hope?

Hi Derm things are good mate, trust yourself well?

as for the diag yup looking at it Im convinced I could get it working as most of the wiring is to external modules but then you need to be able to read the diag and have 30yrs experience I suppose:rolleyes: , its not an easy fix:confused:

Back