Sportster XL 1200 year 2000

Paul Horton

Has anyone got info on a none starter, check fuses, relay, earthing etc, just have ignition and some controls click but no indicates or head light. Was fine last rode but now nothing. Thanks.

I'd start by making sure your battery is at 100% efficiency. It's not unknown for them to die over winter, regardless of whether they've been on a battery tender or not.

Reactions: M&M
You need a multimeter so that you can measure voltages and check continuity, IMO.

On the other forum there is so many just guessing buying new stuff only for the fault to persist.

A battery will self discharge so it depends on how long it has been standing without any charge going into the battery. Measuring its voltage is the very first step.

I don't know the actually section but here you will find the correct information on diagnosing a non starter.

I had exactly this on my sportster, no headlight or indicators and just a click when the starter was pressed. I found it was corrosion within the fusebox/relay box. My headlight fuse looked OK, but changed it anyway and pulled out the starter relay and cleaned the connections, hey presto everything sprang back into life. Hope you get it sorted. 🤞

Back