SST 250 rebuild

Re: SST 250 rebuild

Looks really great Neil, brings back happy memories for me! Happiness is dayglo orange with a rainbow 'S' decal!

Winter Project...

nah finished by the end of autumn.. look forward to seeing it at the Star on the 31st October,,,:)

Not a lot yet Dave :60277EB7B04744289C0

That looks very smart Neil ,nice one :wink:

What's happening with this, looked interesting.

Its Still going!

Well sort of, bikes been ready to ride for a few months now but have had no time to get it out the garage and get a MOT on it so i can legally do some shake down miles, its been almost 25 years since it was last used on the road!

Here's a pic of it completed late last year

20130817_124100_zps49d79d2e.jpg

Pulled it out the workshop a few weeks back to make sure it was still healthy, started 3rd kick and fired into life with no issues which was a pleasant surprise!

Looks nice:) Any plans to take it to any rally's this year?

Hopefully P yes, Tripple is on the list for sure all depends on its reliability I guess. although i do have a complete spare motor sitting in the shed that can be swapped out in an hour! :)

Once its legal and on the road i will start getting some miles on it and see how it does!

Wohoooo it passed its MOT yesterday! or as the Tester said it flew through! which was shocking as it coughed and spluttered there and back(about a mile each way) :)

Docs off to the DVLA this week so hopefully it will be all legal in the next few weeks and i can get out on it! while im waiting i have a rebuild kit for the carb and i think the throttle cable needs replacing as no matter how much greasing of it it still sticks! Venhill here we come! need a speedo cable as well.

Last edited:

Thats good news :) Now you will have to save up the ?37.00 a year for the road tax:D

Last edited:
Back