Stage 1 dyno charts for reference

Fast Lane

Club Member
Here are the results for four categories of Twin Cam engines with nothing but a Stage 1 tune as sold by the dealerships. These charts are useful as a reference when considering performance upgrades or for a comparison with upgraded engines.

This is the original 1999 - 2006 motor which came with 88 cubic inches ... 72 ft/lbs TQ and 62 HP

This is the later 2007 to present 96 inch engine ... 78 ft/lbs TQ and 62 HP

The 103 inch engine ... 85 ft/lbs TQ and 73 HP

And the 110 inch engine ... 97 ft/lbs TQ and 82 HP

Re: Stage 1 dyno charts for reference

Cheers Alex, but what does it mean in terms of improvements and do you have stage two etc details? - I run a 103" with stage one, Screaming Eagle heavy breather kit and V&H crossover pipes, all fitted by Leeds H-D from new.

The whole 'Stage 1, 2, 3 etc' is a label for a collection of SE parts that the dealerships fit to give a performance increase as it makes it easier for customers to order a package than individual components. Stage 1 exists to remove the restrictions fitted at the factory which are restrictive mufflers, restrictive air filter and very lean tune. The reason in my opinion that these are fitted is solely so that the dealers can sell a Stage 1 tune to get the bike back to normal and rake in an additional ?1500 or whatever they cost nowadays on every new bike sold. Stage 1 is just that - new mufflers, air filter and a downloaded map. Stage 2 I think includes SE cams and the early 88's had the 95 inch cylinders fitted at the same time. I find the Stage 3, 4 and 5 specifications unclear as they all seem to overlap from what I've seen with the combination of CNC ported heads, bigger injectors, bigger throttle bodies and various downloaded maps. What I find funny is that HD offer exactly the same 'Stage' kit for a 10 stone bloke on a Dyna as they do for a 20 stone bloke and his Mrs, fully loaded up on an Electra Glide. The reality is that the requirements for a performance increase in these two situations couldn't be more different!

Thanks for that Alex, at last a clear explanation of what I've asked loads of times - and insurance companies always want to know!

Back