Stepping down as Rep

SimonD

Club Member
STEPPING DOWN AS REP’.

I have decided to step down as Region 12 Rep’ with immediate effect, this is a decision I have been contemplating for a little while but did not feel it was appropriate to step down before our rally.

Equally, as next year’s rally preparations need to start now I need to step down to enable the other rep’s to arrange an EGM to vote in another Area Rep’ for Region 12.

Both the other reps and the main club committee have been advised of my decision.

I would like to thank everybody for their support over the last 7 years and will see you in a field sometime soon.

As the previous R12 Rep I'd like to add my voice to what I am sure will be a growing thread of deserved applause mate. You were a fantastic Assistant Rep for 2 years and even better Rep for the past 5 (7 years of unbroken service to R12). It has been a pleasure to serve you and the R12 committee - you don't need to be elected to offer support, but the weight of responsibility of being the main Rep in our region and expectation of delivering a successful rally year after year takes its toll.

We have a community in the South West that has kept the traditional rally going - where we do it all, the stress of which is considerable, it takes not just planning and graft, it takes intelligence and considerable patience. You did the Region proud Simon, you step down on a high, among those of us that worked hard over the 4 days to pull together the most challenging rally any Rep has faced. For those unaware, we in R12 spend more money than some Internationals have cost, that financial burden and risk is put severely to the test when the weather turns against you, compounded by a cluster of rallies (3 in a row) chasing a small demographic - Drovers, Riverside, Wobbler. In my opinion there needs to be more spacing between rallies - something the Reps annual meeting can perhaps discuss? I also think we in R12 need to perhaps consider the unthinkable - look for a Rugby Club and take a lot of the pressure off the future Rep.

Finally, I want to not just publically thank Simon, I want to thank all of those elected or not who have supported our region over the years. It's hard physical work and whilst it's a pleasure to serve our fellow members at our annual rally, none of us are getting any younger and setting up the site facilities and then working hard throughout the following 3 days is exhausting. We could not without committed volunteers, in particular those with trade skills, vans, tools etc provide a traditional rally - PROUD of what we ALL delivered this weekend, TIME NOW TO REFLECT?

Thankyou for you messages everybody.
I have not stepped down due to the pressure of the rally, I actually enjoy and thrive off the pressure, although it is a tiring 4 days.

Yes this years rally was a struggle as we arrived to a marquee that 40% of which was 4 inches underwater but we overcame it, we will certainly remember it!!😁.

Thanks again for your support and hopefully see you at the Wessex Wobbler this weekend.

Cheers all.

I'd just like to join the chorus of thanks for all your work as rep for R12, and for all your excellent input to the Harleyquin. Very sorry to see you standing down, but I'm sure your committee will do a great job of organising an egm, and that whoever takes the rôle on will have the full support of all of you...

Having attended the rally, travelled from Yorkshire , I want to add our thanks to Simon and all the crew who made Riverside happen despite the adverse weather conditions.

Great welcome from Simon and all from Region 12 plus the other attending Regions !

We enjoyed all three bands , the beer cards and our muddiest dance ever !

Thank you Simon for all your efforts.

Duncan and Lynda

Back