Super Rally 2024 Route

Three of us are doing that from R14.

Was going to camp on the way but looks like the vote will be for cheap motels/ hotels.

Hoping to visit Auschwitz and do a bit of shooting in Poland.

The last statement sounds like a WW2 personal diary entry from Himmler!
On a more serious note (being interested in history) I would also like to visit the notorious camp sometime in the future, a reminder of how depraved mankind can sadly be.

I would also like to visit the notorious camp sometime in the future, a reminder of how depraved mankind can sadly be.

I haven’t done my research yet, but I believe there is a visitor centre, I'm not sure but I think the camp is permanently closed.

Last edited:
I haven’t done my research yet, but I believe there is a visitor centre, I'm not sure but I think the camp is permanently closed.
I visited on the way to the Super Rally in Bydgoszcz (via a roundabout route), whatever year that was. The main camp was open then. I would be extremely surprised if it has closed. I didn't go to the visitor centre, which was close by.
It certainly made me think about the pure evil that can exist, and that similar could very easily happen again, in Europe.

Am doing a similar route via Dover with Emma as my plus 1 this year.
Regarding Auschwitz - Its a sombre place and I believe you may have to pre- book. You will need your passports as ID on entering. Both sites are separated by a bus ride. I went in 2022 and was fortunate to have my own personal guide as I went with HDC Sweden who obviously had a Swedish guide. It certainly leaves quite an imprint on your memory.

There were no restrictions when I went ten years back, usually one went to the ex-barracks where the infamous sign is and a shuttle bus ran people to the killing camp (with the iconic station building). I think I would go to the big camp first so the displays in buildings at the town camp would have more relevance - the scale doesn't come across on TV. Be prepared to lose it at some stage, especially if you are a parent.

Plan A - attend Wobbler, and then ride via Harwich/Hook to the Super Rally in the Czech Republic for the following Thursday/Friday. Here's a proposed route.

Who's up for it?

LINK: Plan A Route
From the Wobbler, the more direct route would be via the Eurotunnel, and quite a bit cheaper too, plus on the return leg you can get home at a reasonable hour and not have to wait for the ferry as limited crossing times. Just a thought.

From the Wobbler, the more direct route would be via the Eurotunnel, and quite a bit cheaper too, plus on the return leg you can get home at a reasonable hour and not have to wait for the ferry as limited crossing times. Just a thought.
I know, we went for the Harwich/Hook version as we wanted to have the overnight sailing/sleeping option and arrive in Holland rather than La France!!

We were also quite drunk when we thought it up!! 🤪

Bike like yours Rob - get off at Hook - do the rest of the journey in one hit - be first in the queue!!
Was thinking that Dave, but i have the time off work (and wife) so it would be nice to take it steady (and useing motels!!).
1000Km in a day are great when you need to, but we will have four days to get there!! :)

I would highly recommend you set aside at least half a day after visiting Auschwitz as it is so harrowing, our group never spoke for several hours after and several years later some of the stories and images from my visit still haunt me.

Perhaps we can add some of these to the list.....

1706718203100.png

Back