Tar on Exhausts

Alan B

Region Rep
Just got back from working in the Isle of Man. I didn't realise untill it was too late that where they had been tar spraying I've got specks of tar all over the exhausts. I've tried petrol, white spirit, de-greaser, and WD40 on both hot and cold exhausts. Anyone got any tips for removal, unfortunately I can't try any untill next weekend ?
Alan B

Re: Tar on Exhausts

Alan B said:
Just got back from working in the Isle of Man. I didn't realise untill it was too late that where they had been tar spraying I've got specks of tar all over the exhausts. I've tried petrol, white spirit, de-greaser, and WD40 on both hot and cold exhausts. Anyone got any tips for removal, unfortunately I can't try any untill next weekend ?
Alan B

Had a similar problem on mine,used 'Mr Muscle' oven cleaner,works a treat :D

if you warm the exhaust up and lay on a lint cloth or cotton, and leave it there, when it cools you should be able to peel it off, and it doesnt work no harm done.

Thanks for the tips. Got home tonight and whilst putting gear away in the garage just tried chrome cleaner again and bu!!er me if the tar didn't just clean off. Can't see what difference leaving it alone a week makes but it did.
Alan B

Back