Thanks Kev

Re: Thanks Kev

Thanks to all of you who made it a very special, fun and varied weekend. I'll post a bit more when I get me breath back; I'd also be very grateful for any photos you might be willing to share, as i've been asked by the people at snailbeach village hall if we could sendd some for their village newsletter.

can't beat the old bugger in charge!!!!!! well done Kev as always you run a good ship ,,

made one or two new friends and as always meeting the old ones ,,,,

we were lucky with the weather and you giving the pub a blocking worked wonders ,,, the Snailbeach village came up trumps and were very friendly ,,,, how can you beat tea and cake !!!!

john

Coming IMG_0001.jpg
And goingIMG_0002.jpg
Cheers,
Pete

Hi , if interested someones posted some pics of this event on xlforums.net under ironhead sportster motorcycle talk 1957-1985

I was worried about the event a day before as a TV weatherman showed a storm front expected to run right across that area during saturday, sounds like they were spared..?

(I was already not going in case anyone thinks I was weather checking first!)

Thanks from the Coasters who made the trip. Got there dry, few showers over the weekend and dry ride home:highly_amused: Great weekend once again well done Kev.. Ps nice not to have banging music so you could hear yourself speak lol

A few facts and figures; 98 people attended the weekend as paying campers, quite a few more came along as visitors for the day and in the case of some, to enjoy the ride-out. Less than half of the campers (48) were either H-DRCGB members or spouses thereof, the rest were either Indian Club members, former H-DRCGB members or friends of mine through the Trip Out and Linkert scene.

There were 30 Shovels, one VL, one Knuckle, one Aermacchi, three Indians, various Pans, 45's and remarkably, three Model K's; plus assorted Sportsters both ancient and modern, as well as a smattering of modern Big Twins. A pretty good turnout overall and plenty of variety.

Given that there's a Quin pending, you can read a fuller report in there.

Hi Kev,Yep, wonderful array of bikes and peoples... well done, Kiddo!!! You must be doin' sommat right when guys like Dave Haynes (spelling?) and John Andrew are visiting!!!I'm off tomorrow to pick up yet another French bike in Cambridgeshire... ; O )... A beauty!!!Patrick

Back