The cost of converting a Street Glide to a Road Glide?

crispy

Club Member
This subject cropped up at our regional meeting last night and I am unsure if anyone has looked into it? But I thought it was an interesting concept... so I briefly explored the viability of such an idea:
I spoke to a nice chap across The Pond who has done something very similar and has his own feed on You Tube, EZ Moto Tim Channel within which he shows you how to do it over several video installments, and a website https://ezmototim.com.
He readily provided me with a long list of only 'essential items' he needed to purchase in order to convert his 2015 Ultra Limited Low to a “Shark Nose" i.e. by re-using as many parts from the Ultra as possible. The list of over 60 individual part orders is attached and, having bought his outer and inner fairing parts unpainted, he now estimates the cost in 2018 was between US$4000 and US$5000 including paint. A broad range I realise.
He used only H-D parts (although I believe an after-market inner and outer fairing can be bought in vivid black) and some of his parts orders did contain several bits and pieces together. This was priced after negotiating a discount - which he says is now unlikely to be offered again.
It is worth noting that he is an electrical engineer by trade and rewiring/extending wiring was one of his passions.
I think that pretty much negates any sensible prospect of anyone doing it in the U.K. where prices would be much higher and a trade in would make better sense.

Attachments

• Road Glide Conversion Final Build2.pdf
    427.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
This subject cropped up at our regional meeting last night and I am unsure if anyone has looked into it? But I thought it was an interesting concept... so I briefly explored the viability of such an idea:
I spoke to a nice chap across the pound who has done something very similar and has his own feed on You Tube, EZ Moto Tim Channel within which he shows you how to do it over several video installments, and a website https://ezmototim.com.
He readily provided me with a long list of only 'essential items' he needed to purchase in order to convert his 2015 Ultra Limited Low to a “Shark Nose" i.e. by re-using as many parts from the Ultra as possible. The list of over 60 individual part orders is attached and, having bought his outer and inner fairing parts unpainted, he now estimates the cost in 2018 was between US$4000 and US$5000 including paint. A broad range I realise.
He used only H-D parts (although I believe an after-market inner and outer fairing can be bought in vivid black) and some of his parts orders did contain several bits and pieces together. This was priced after negotiating a discount - which he says is now unlikely to be offered again.
It is worth noting that is an electrical engineer by trade and rewiring/extending wiring was one of his passions.
I think that pretty much negates any sensible prospect of anyone doing it in the U.K. where prices would be much higher and a trade in would make better sense.
I looked into this 5yrs ago and a top Harley guy said the work and outlay far outweighs what it would cost to just part ex the bike against the one you want. I would like to fit a lowrider ( I think that's the model) fairing to a Road King

Ha ha yes agreed! It was interesting watching how the Shark nose fairing is built from scratch though....I fitted a frame-mounted Richman half-fairing on my KH400 back in the day and it took 20 minutes and cost £50 😋

....just part-x for a real Road Glide.....? :rolleyes:
I Agree and its as I previously stated.
I would love to see a Street Gide Special fitted with the fairing thats fitted to the Low Rider ST, it looks cool and doesn't have the mass of the batwing or Sharknose

Not sure Rick the bike might just want to be know as THEY my daughter was informed by her husband that THEY would be joining them for dinner so she cooked for a about 6 and low and behold it was just this one individual who was joining them. Going forward the individual known as THEY won't be invited back, oh what a shame now where is my gun know as Mmmm gun

Back