The Falcon - Arncliffe !!!

R

Rod Bod

Hi Yorkies,

A colleague at work recommended the Falcon Inn at Arncliffe near Kettlewell as a back to the dark ages real-ale pub serving ale by the jug.
Anyone ever been and sampled the beer at the Falcon, and would you recommend it as a biker establishment for lunch on a Sunday rideout?

Rod Bod

Re: The Falcon - Arncliffe !!!

Well known pub in N Yorkshire. It was the 'original' Woolpack in Emmerdale farm back in the 70's and early 80's.
Not a big Pub, but twas good hearty ale, t'last time i was there.
Never eaten more than a packet of nibbles so can't comment on any food and on a Sunday is frequented by lesser beings with Maps around their necks encased in plastic. My suggestion would be to get there for 12:00
There is an excellent ride from Arncliffe over the tops to Settle. Bit of a steep drop to the left, which on weekdays is frequented by the RAF. :D

Let me know when and I'll try to meet up with you for a run. (work permitting):eek:

If it's still the same landlord as when I last visited - he qualifies as the most obnoxious host ever to pour a glass of beer:mad: . It was however quite amusung to hear him bad mouthing everyone who dared disturb his peace.:eek:

some of the Yorkshire crew called in there on a Sunday about 12am
pub was empty but we still got a b@llicking for putting our helmets and jackets on the seats.

Try going round the corner to Litton Queens Arms different again.

pete

logo said:
some of the Yorkshire crew called in there on a Sunday about 12am
pub was empty but we still got a b@llicking for putting our helmets and jackets on the seats.

Try going round the corner to Litton Queens Arms different again.

pete

..... and we were told to switch our phones off despite there being nobody else in the pub.

It's a beautiful ride and a typically picture postcard village but don't expect a warm friendly welcome.

It is however one of the few pubs left to serve ale straight from the cask (no pumps) - deccanted into a jug and then poured into your glass .... how very quaint. :rolleyes:

Thanks Guys,
Might make my way over sometime to sample the delights of obnoxious locals for myself. The whole of life should be an experience, and t'Falcon sounds like just another one of those.
Now who can I take with me on my travels into the wastelands of West Yorks? I'll let you guys know when I'm planning a visit, might even make it an early evening rideout when the clocks go back.

Rod Bod

Rod Bod said:
Thanks Guys,
Might make my way over sometime to sample the delights of obnoxious locals for myself. The whole of life should be an experience, and t'Falcon sounds like just another one of those.
Now who can I take with me on my travels into the wastelands of West Yorks? I'll let you guys know when I'm planning a visit, might even make it an early evening rideout when the clocks go back.

Rod Bod

not going to wait that long, how about when the clocks go forward instead:rolleyes: :D

What ever happened to 'Spring back - Fall forward' ??? Natra!:D

RB

Rod Bod said:
Now who can I take with me on my travels into the wastelands of West Yorks?

Rod Bod

Strange how Rod Bod wants to pitch his tent in the Yorkie enclosure at rallies, then comes out with derogatory comments like this :eek: :)

If you want to ride in wastelands Rod Bod, stick to Lancashire m8 :D :D :D

The entry fee to the Yorkie enclosure :cool: , next rally has increased to 3 Eccles cakes John. by order of lodgemeister Kev :cool: .:D

Groundhog.

A wasteland? Lancashire?
Ha, bloody ha, Ron!:D
Me thinks that comment will be the catalyst for the tribes of the red rose to muster on the border in the months to come and invade the Yorkie territories. But only when the sun comes out and the roads are dry, and the landlord at The Falcon at Arncliffe begins to welcome the biker hoards from the House of Lancaster :rolleyes: with a jug of his best real-ale.

Rod B

Rod Bod said:
A wasteland? Lancashire?
Ha, bloody ha, Ron!:D
Me thinks that comment will be the catalyst for the tribes of the red rose to muster on the border in the months to come and invade the Yorkie territories. But only when the sun comes out and the roads are dry, and the landlord at The Falcon at Arncliffe begins to welcome the biker hoards from the House of Lancaster :rolleyes: with a jug of his best real-ale.

Rod B

I'm sure he'd do his best for both the red and white rose venturers..:)

Though he'd best be prepared with his alcho-pops and jessie juices if some of them Southern Jessies decide to come up for the ride. :D

Rod Bod said:
A wasteland? Lancashire?
Ha, bloody ha , Ron!:D

Rod B

Always a warm welcome for you in Gods own country Rod Bod ;) , however according to reports, the barkeep at the Falcon may not be as accomodating, for locals or visitors alike, perhaps a joint effort to cheer him up may be in order :D :D :D ;)

Groundhog.

Sounds like a plan to me, Groundhog :D

RB

Back