The shovel has had a make over

chopper

Club Member
Since the Pan has been sitting in my garage looking all pretty and shiny the shovel has been looking more and more in need of some love!
The side mounted plate that I quickly put together to get the bike on the road last year was far from satisfactory having bounced down the road a couple of times now from a broken mount and is also a constant annoyance as I try to squeeze past the bikes in my tiny garage and the spray on wrinkle finish on the sissy bar was flaking off faster than i could re-apply it.
The original intention was to make it look old and used but having lived with that for the last year and the Pans completion it was time for a bit of paint work and a brush up and polish! I Had the sissy bar powdercoated in a polished ally finish which looks very good a couple of weeks back, only to walk past the bike 2 days after collecting it and whack my leg on the side mount plate and snap the remains of the tail light mount in half! So a move of the light and plate to the sissy bar was needed! After welding on a support bar to mount everything on it at the weekend it will be heading back to the powder coaters to be redone this week.

Paint is a 2016 Audi colour, Nano Grey, Almost a shiny primer grey at times, but as it is a pearl colour it twinkles nicely in the light!

Its gone from this
IMG_1852_zpsz9glz7f9.jpg

to this

208A914D-2B13-4772-AE5F-B4F2C2FFE270_zps2kr1p1jh.jpg

Re: The shovel has had a make over

looking good Neil ,,,,, are you going to the trip out ? theres a fare number from the vintage section of this club attending ,

Yes John, there is a few of us going, looking forward to it! All being well I will be taking the Pan

as you come on the site the bike camping area is on the left ,, i will be there in the tepe ...

no pan yet but i have a cunning plan!!!!

john

See you there John, and tell more on the cunning plan!!!

But she's still a kick-only right? RIGHT? SAY ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

(the pics ain't showing up at all.. something whacked on my end of the line, no doubt.)

Not you Skip, I can only see two pix of a kitten yawning....

But she's still a kick-only right? RIGHT? SAY ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

(the pics ain't showing up at all.. something whacked on my end of the line, no doubt.)

photobucket and its new charging for sharing regime!!! Yes skip it stayed a kick only! long since gone now, have a 67 (kick only you will be glad to hear) and a 78 (has both) at the moment :)

Back