Time to Change the Rubber

S

Softailhog

Regionaires assistance, please.
Front tyre original (14yrs old), Rear on the limit, 2000 FLSTC.
Any suggestions for a good source of supply and fit, at a reasonable price, in our area ( I'm in Grimsby ).
Prefer Dunlops or Avon, but a good job is just as important.
All help, as ever, greatly appreciated .

Re: Time to Change the Rubber

Martin Hargreaves Motorcycles in Cleethorpes Dave - will fit tyres & you can shop around yourself on line for the best deal on tyres. Got Avons for mine from this ebay store:
thetyreguys on eBay

Good price & next day delivery, Martin Hargreaves will fit them, just drop bike & tyres in, they will fit them. 01472 602730, in Poplar Road Cleethorpes. Hope this helps.

Regionaires assistance, please.
Front tyre original (14yrs old), Rear on the limit, 2000 FLSTC.
Any suggestions for a good source of supply and fit, at a reasonable price, in our area ( I'm in Grimsby ).
Prefer Dunlops or Avon, but a good job is just as important.
All help, as ever, greatly appreciated .

How many miles did you get out of the front.?

Mileage is at about 23k (yes - a lowly 23. High on desire to ride, low on opportunity ).
The need to change is as much about rubber degradation as anything.

Mileage is at about 23k (yes - a lowly 23. High on desire to ride, low on opportunity ).
The need to change is as much about rubber degradation as anything.

That's a fair old mileage for a tyre. I only get about 10,000 on the front of the Dyna, and 5,000 on the back. I'm running Avons.

I took loose wheels off my Glide into RWH Motorcycles 14 Clifton Street, Lincoln LN5 8LQ (01522 523820) and had Avon Cobras fitted for a very good price.

Just had a look at MOT about time of rear tyre change and estimate about 10000 miles on rear.
Maybe the total weight on the fat-arse rear seat & towed trailer keeps a wider surface area of rear tyre on the road, and the front is spinning in the wind:wink::60277EB7B04744289C0

Back