Transmission fluid change 103 question

j10jmk

Hey folks I ride a 2017 fatbob 103 and I want to do servicing myself . My question is changed out my transmission fluid , book says it should take 0.83litre but mine has only taken 0.70 litre , looks to be between the A&F ,but that silver dip stick is nightmare to read , my question it is 0.70 normal enough amount?, and if I put too much in what's the consequences?

There won't actually be any consequences unless you either run the oil so low that that it's effectively running dry. But with 0.7 litres in a 0.8 litre box, you are no where near to that happening.

Or you overfill it to the point that when the casing heats up, the oil doesn't have enough room to expand and blows itself out through whatever vent it can find. Again, you are a long, long way off that limit.

So don't worry, it'll be fine.

May have been said already but some service manuals indicate dry and wet refills. Dry amount following trans reassembly, wet for routine drain and refill. Recommended amount will differ accordingly.
Did you drain off from a hot motor?, is it possible it did not fully drain? With cold engine.

Back