Trike steering

panheadpete

Club Member
Went for a lazy ride today and decided to experiment - I once could ride sports bikes and used the technique of counter-steering, which worked well.
So, I thought, I wonder...
Obviously with a trike the principle would work in reverse, 'cos on a solo if you push on the right bar the bike turns right, so I tried pushing on the outer bar instead of pulling on the inner; what a difference - I stayed with a Peugeot that had passed me and was trying to get away. Might not work with a hard-driven BM* but a hell of an improvement over getting passed by milk-floats!
Much easier on the wrists and shoulders too.
Cheers,
Pete

Re: Trike steering

Never thought about it before,but with a trike,you can't steer with the throttle like on an outfit.

Never thought about it before,but with a trike,you can't steer with the throttle like on an outfit.

Ah, but you can - to a degree (pardon pun); if you give it too much you'll go straight on, not enough and you turn-in before you intended...but I know what you mean; throttle = turn left. off = turn right, not with a trike, that can go wrong either way :D
Cheers,
Pete

I caught on sometime ago that it's easier to push than pull! when steering the trike! :60277EB7B04744289C0

A pal and ex long time club member from Kent name Jez had an early servi and I was always blow away at how well and fast he road that thing.

Throttle steering should work the same as on any rear drive car I should think.

On Servicars you can tack as well if it's a windy day. :D

I will be when I fit the screen and leg guard thingy!:smile:

A pal and ex long time club member from Kent name Jez had an early servi and I was always blow away at how well and fast he road that thing.

Are you sure you are talking about a Servi when you say 'fast'? :wink:

Well maybe not fast :) but as a replacement for horse and cart it was pretty quick. There used to be a few around here Stuart Graham's which ended up with Howard Newcombe, Jezz, Tony James' all prob tucked away now

Last edited:

Well maybe not fast :) but as a replacement for horse and cart it was pretty quick. There used to be a few around here Stuart Graham's which ended up with Howard Newcombe, Jezz, Tony James' all prob tucked away now

If only there was a definitive list of Servicars in the Club.

And a quad is completely opposite to riding a bike on corners....
I still lean going round corners! Mind you, the missus is always bollocking me about leaning when cornering in the car! Old habits die hard!

And a quad is completely opposite to riding a bike on corners....

Well with a Lehman backend there's no leaning but I do in me Truck tho, funny that !!

jezz is still rideing he has no right leg or arm but rides a big boss hog trike comes out with us sometimes

Back