Turn signal awitch extensions.

Thud driver

Club Member
Guys, has anyone installed these on a 2008 FXSTC, or other softail of that year? Harleys instructions seem to be making things complicated, so any help appreciated before I tackle this job.

What I'm trying to find out, is can the caps be changed, without removing the switch itself from the housing. It looks possible, hence my enquiry if anyone has done it.

So it is just the Switch Caps you are changing and not the Switches?
I did this on my FXST (Year 2000) some years ago and it was fairly simple however I only had 1 set of switches and I could change them without taking the Switch Housings off the Bars.
Looking at your instructions it seems you have to separate the Switch Housing to get the old Caps off due to the little "wings" on the Caps. Diagram "1", Caps marked "F" and "E". Diagram 2 old switch Caps "F" and "E" don't have the little wings on the Caps but as the Diagram does show the Switch Housing separated, i.e. removed from the Bars, I would guess this is the better option and would make it a lot easier to remove old Caps and install new ones.
You might not have to remove the Switch from the Housing but I would think you have to separate the top and bottom parts of the Housing.

Yep, that's my plan. Separate the housings, then lever up one side the cap, same for the other side, then just push the new ones onto the switch body. The new ones have bevels, allowing them to be easily clipped in. I neglected to say, these are Drag Specialities items. Exactly the same but cheaper.

Because of the "Bevels" take your time to line them up or you will have to remove them and try again. :)
Good Luck.

I found it very fiddly but with perseverance i got them on, getting the old ones off was easy. Well worth it in the end.

Back