Under frame HD transport dolly

Glenn Street

Club Member
IMG_8121.JPGIMG_8122.JPGIMG_8123.JPGIMG_8131.JPGIMG_8125.JPGIMG_8129.JPGIMG_8130.JPGI thought the club might like to see the transport frame I had a Local engineering firm make up (£235) for me, it is based on a similar design to the previously mentioned U.S.A. made Lets Roll, but I changed a few details to make it more stable & slightly smaller, the castors (2 braked) came off Ebay for £24, The support frame fixed to the centre, not over to one side as on the U.S. one, so all weight is spread evenly on the wheels for stability. also the castor 'L'brackets, have an extra return on them that is under the 2" box for extra support and better for the welding- I.E. stronger.
The screw jack is by Draper, Machine Mart wanted £145 for it, I found one on Ebay for £109 notice the ball bearing rollers in pic 6, rolling in the folded jack frame-this is superior to the Lets Roll item, which has bars sliding in slots... both the transport frame & the screw jack needed 1"x 1 1/2 batten fixed to the top with the gap to avoid fouling the side stand & bracket on HD frame. and it also adds a non slip frame/support to keep things in place.
I also found that the support with the under the frame gave me some where to fit timber wedges to lift up the engine up when I changed the front engine mount. This transport frame has proved totally practical, and as I mentioned previously does not seem to be available off the shelf over here, very surprising as demo's on line show people with as many of these frames as they have HD's! to easily move them around the garage so they can get the bike of their choice out on the road, without the hassle & bad back etc.

i have a set of yokes look complete but appear to be missing a circlip off the bottom yoke, the large one that keeps the stem in the yoke, does anyone have a spare one? i would pop down Riders-my local former dealer, but probably a wasted visit now.

I made contact with Watchman who gave me a part number 45611-86 retaining ring (circlip to us) I took this info to Riders of Bridgwater and they had a few on the shelf, so £2.50p I have my clip...Riders assure me HD parts & servicing will still be available at the Bridgwater site, as well as Bristol. Anyone buying a used HD bike or just alloy yokes should check to make sure that circlip is in place, loose headstock bearings may result if it is'nt fitted....

Back