Vance and Hines Street Legal UK??

B

Batty_muscle

Hi Guys, I have got a Vrod Muscle 2009 and I am very keen to purchase the V&H competition 2in1 race performance exhaust system to replace the stock ones..which sound awful!

I have a few questions I've heard they are loud..good. But are they street legal for UK??..is it an MOT failure? or just an issue to be concerned about with the police.
I understand I have to buy an new airfilter and fuelpack which all seems very straightforward to setup...just curious on the noise front.

Any advise would help.
P.S. It appears they have removeable baffles at the end of the can, is this difference to make it street legal and race perfect??
I await your response.

Cheers

Anthony

Re: Vance and Hines Street Legal UK??

Hi Guys, I have got a Vrod Muscle 2009 and I am very keen to purchase the V&H competition 2in1 race performance exhaust system to replace the stock ones..which sound awful!

I have a few questions I've heard they are loud..good. But are they street legal for UK??..is it an MOT failure? or just an issue to be concerned about with the police.
I understand I have to buy an new airfilter and fuelpack which all seems very straightforward to setup...just curious on the noise front.

Any advise would help.
P.S. It appears they have removeable baffles at the end of the can, is this difference to make it street legal and race perfect??
I await your response.

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Anthony

The Vance & Hines Competition 2in1 Race Performance exhaust system is exactly that. It's not going to pass a noise test (if the Police have the kit
to hand) and won't be sold as road legal.

Up to now whether the exhaust passes the noise part of the MOT is left to the Testers discretion.

It's always worth getting one of these or these to stick on too. Only for decorative purposes, obviously.

Hi just to update. I got the V&H 2in1...shit they're are loud, exactly what I was looking for the nice harley grunt. The bike feels and rides as it should now.
P.S. Got those stickers from ebay, they look the business and hopefully it will be enough to convince the plod should I get pulled.

Back