WAR BIRDS

If you're interested in MIlitary aviation and other aviation history for that matter I can highly recommend a visit to Duxford.
I went in 2018 to an Alfa Romeo event there which included free entrance to the museum.
I spent most of the day looking around there at the aircraft rather than at the cars.
You could easily spend a whole day there at least.
Well worth a visit.

Ming, Geoff and I did Duxford last year for the Spitfire Special - not cheap to get in but more than you can see, really need to be on doorstep when they open and among those who are rounded up at end of day. (take own food, eat as you walk..)

Ming, Geoff and I did Duxford last year for the Spitfire Special - not cheap to get in but more than you can see, really need to be on doorstep when they open and among those who are rounded up at end of day. (take own food, eat as you walk..)
Good advice, especially the bit about the food. I went last year for an ordinary open day, but the price of fast food made my eyes water. £9 burgers......

I was already going for my Lancaster experience present that my daughter got me for Christmas. We booked the campsite that's beside the centre and the lass on reception gave us a heads up about the War Birds day and she mentioned the WW2 day in July at the Army camp

Back