Wheel protection over winter

P

postiepete

Hi
hope this is the right forum
Can some one help/suggest
what is the best protection for the whell rims over the winter in an unheated garage
for my softail classic.
Cheers
Pete
;)

Re: Wheel protection over winter

Hi
what is the best protection for the whell rims over the winter in an unheated garage
for my softail classic.
Cheers
Pete
;)

Hi Pete, Any general questions like this virtual rally is best. This is where to put tech tips.

For nyour rims, choices seem to be Duck oil, WD40 or ACF50. I prefer ACF for year round protection. Do a search, ebay usually has some.

Cheers,

Jason.
:)

Anybody got any views on Scottoiler FS365 - I heard it was really good and bought some but not used it yet so no experience.

fs 365 brilliant stuff;)

Winter?

What's that?

Oh yeah; that's the day it rains here. :cool:

Getting my hat .................... ;)

Anybody got any views on Scottoiler FS365 - I heard it was really good and bought some but not used it yet so no experience.
its good stuff, but its water soluble so when the bike gets wet, you need to reapply it to be effective. i used acf50 riding all through last winter and the bike came out of it looking good. i'll be doing the same this year with the same tin! it goes a long way!
dan

Mr Pie,

Having tried out some ACF, I may be swayed from a lifetime's devotion to Duck Oil... But how many applications do you need? Did you spray repeatedly or just the once?

Cheers :D

Mark

I fell out with WD for that, it's too thin and if it runs into where it shouldn't, it washes grease away.
Cheapish and readily available from most motor shops is spray grease, sets as grease and stays where you put it.
One nasty find was when you rinse it off with jizer or gunk, get it down the jetwash pronto, or the washed off grease runs onto the tyre and makes that first springtime ride somewhat, well, memorable.

Hi
for my softail classic.
Cheers
Pete
;)
ACF50 in stock if you want some call us.

I like the Scott oiler stuff and spray whatever bike I use on the road over winter with it and then respray everytime its washed.

My soft tail has been sprayed underneath anyway but I will spray the wheels etc once its laid up. (Not 100% sure about the exhaust).

Our local shop reacon its good to use all year round as there is some salt on the road even months after the winter has finished. Of course its good for their business.

Leadbelly

Ok so now i'm confussed! loads of products so little time!

Is S100 just the factory making commission??

Do I spray the paint work with protector too?

How about painting the wheels and other bits with waxoyl for winter coverage

Rigor Mortis, I think thats how its spelled, it looks like it has set in!.

hi
wipe anything that's chrome or metal with a thick oil and re-apply after washing to keep most rust away , all parts underneath use a spray grease or better still waxoil. :) de-grease in spring. :D

Back