Which stand?

Gimlet

I'm thinking I need some sort of stand for my Low Rider for cleaning and maintenance. It leans too far over on the side stand, even for washing.
On European bikes I've always used an Abba stand, but obviously that isn't going to work on a Softail. A paddock stand possibly, but I can see that being tricky to use on my own with the length of the bike.

Is there a decent scissor stand that lefts both wheels off the ground? Just wondering what other people use. Suggestions appreciated.

I was thinking of something a little cheaper, though TBF that's cheaper than an Abba Skylift so it's an option.

Although it's handy, I don't necessarily want to lift the bike to any great height, just off the ground so it's secure, vertical and both wheels can be turned.

Big Blue here too. So easy to use.
I know it's pricey but these are big heavy bikes and as good as the Abba is (I've got one for a sporty bike) the big blue is in a different league and worth the money.

Are they reversible so you can use them on either side of the bike? Only the column gets in the way on one side.

I do have a universal front wheel chock which would help when using the Big Blue. I suspect fatter Harley front tyres wouldn't fit into it but I think the Low Rider's would. It will take a 120. It's a right sod on your own though if the tyres does get stuck.

Yes it works both sides. You don't need a wheel chock. I sit astride the bike until the big blue touches the frame rails, then fasten the security bolts to hold the bike to the Big Blue. Once secured you can lift the bike as high or low as you like and it's rock solid. Lowering is the opposite. It's way easier than when I used paddock stands on Sports bikes.

After I put slightly longer shocks on, the bike leaned at an alarming angle. I ended up drilling the foot of the side stand, getting a 1in block of aluminium, drilling and tapping it and fitting that. It's much better now.
For working and cleaning then I use my big blue, excellent piece of kit.

Yes, I can see myself upgrading the suspension on my LRS. Stock shock lacks damping in my view. Gets a bit bouncy.

Better start saving then I guess.. Might try my wheel chock in the meantime for cleaning.

Eazyrizers Strongarm, as advertised in the 'Quinn, is great for getting the bike vertical and either wheel off the ground. Relatively cheap and club discount too...

Eazyrizers Strongarm, as advertised in the 'Quinn, is great for getting the bike vertical and either wheel off the ground. Relatively cheap and club discount too...
That's ideal. Just what I'm looking for. Thanks.

That's ideal. Just what I'm looking for. Thanks.
with the discount it will pay for a years membership here: (y) (y) :) :)

Back