Wild Camping in Galloway Forrest?

Moosehead

Club Member
Hello D & G Region
Me & the Pelton Pixie (aka NightrainPaul) were thinking about trying out some of the "wild camping" available in & around the Galloway forrest area to try & experience these Dark Skies that you have recently been awarded. Can you folk recommend any interesting spots to hole up for the night where you won't get disturbed for a bit of star gazing & campfire cooking? While I'm at it, any legit campsites near a pub in the southern part of the area for the friday night? (we would be heading across from Newcastle after work on a friday)
Cheers
MH:439:

Re: Wild Camping in Galloway Forrest?

Ahh, of course, I spelt "forest" wrong. No wonder I've had 133 views & no answers yet, that would be the reason. Bit like the two lads in "Gregory's Girl" who try to hitch hike from somewhere outside Glasgow to Timbukto (where the ratio of girls to boys is vastly in their favour), no one stops to pick them up. One of them realises that they have too many "t's" in the spelling on their cardboard sign so chucks it in the hedge & stomps off home...
MH:frown:

Theres nobody here!!!!theyre in the hills:bananen_smilies083:

Thanks for that Mr HogGlide
Looks like a canny site & its given me some ideas for the pootle round on the saturday.
Cheers!

Back