Windows 10 - the spy in the camp

Roger

Club Member
When you installed Windows 10 you doubtless agreed to its terms and conditions during installation. After all, Microsoft?s new service agreement is over 10,000 words long - who?s going to read that? Anyway, you can trust Microsoft can?t you? They wouldn?t spy on you? Or would they.

Well the Ts & Cs clearly state that Windows 10 will invade your privacy. For example

?We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to.?

Yes you read it correctly, they can read and record everything on your PC and share it with whoever they like.

Windows also generates a unique advertising ID for each user which can be used by third parties, for profiling purposes. Does this remind you of anything, spyware maybe?

Microsoft?s personal assistant software ?Cortana? collects and uses your location, content from your emails and text messages, events from your calendar, your contacts and how often you call them. When you browse it reports back what you view and what you purchase. Big brother also records and analyses speech input.

You can switch this off. For those that know what they are doing, all these settings can be disabled but it?s quite hard to find and do. There is a utility that will do it for you http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10, download and run - problem sorted.

Re: Windows 10 - the spy in the camp

That's a neat little app Roger. Downloaded and set up. I was looking for something to disable that stupid 'one drive' thing and this does it. You can stop it from loading at start but this totally does it.

The other thing with 10 is that it seeks out illegal software I believe, so there could be some disgruntled users out there soon.

Having said that you can run windows 10 on a Mac if you are stupid enough ;)

Thanks for the info will try this tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Roger

Just used it great little program those sneaky bastards at Microsoft are worse than GCHQ or NSA. There is more stuff on my PC now than ever:- Ad Blocking, Tracking Blocking (Blur) password encryption etc etc and I even use a tunneled IP Encryption program (I am theoretically based in another country now) to stop these unscrupulous advertising spam sending low life twats.

Thanks Roger

Just used it great little program those sneaky bastards at Microsoft are worse than GCHQ or NSA. There is more stuff on my PC now than ever:- Ad Blocking, Tracking Blocking (Blur) password encryption etc etc and I even use a tunneled IP Encryption program (I am theoretically based in another country now) to stop these unscrupulous advertising spam sending low life twats.

You do know that 70%+ of all VPNs are compromised by Government Agencies and/or Criminal Gangs?

Yes I do know that and if you use an I phone GCHG have a nice little program for compromising that too. All I am trying to do is cut down on the spam crap if MI5, MI6, NSA etc want intercept my crap then so be it and Snowdon by the way should hang for treasonous acts !!

Back