winter tyres xb12x

carldruid

Club Member
Anybody know if you can get suitable chunky winter tyres for an Ully? Got syncs on mine great grip but take far too long to warm up in winter,feels like riding on ice when roads are very cold and wet and as for snow.. gives the old sphincter a good work out!! as i ride all year and commute to work on it these last two winters have got a bit hairy. may have to buy two spare wheels for appropriate tyres. Any ideas folks

Re: winter tyres xb12x

Anybody know if you can get suitable chunky winter tyres for an Ully? Got syncs on mine great grip but take far too long to warm up in winter,feels like riding on ice when roads are very cold and wet and as for snow.. gives the old sphincter a good work out!! as i ride all year and commute to work on it these last two winters have got a bit hairy. may have to buy two spare wheels for appropriate tyres. Any ideas folks

One place to start I suggest is the German tyre brand websites. If Metzeler and Continental between them can't supply I suggest you give up looking! Add Avon to that list, as they are usually prompt answering queries. Email or phone them. If you get a promising reply try the other two (they probably have UK offices).

Thanks for that. Have seen one with knobblies on but with the way it gets through tyres i want to make sure that they are up to the job

Thanks for that. Have seen one with knobblies on but with the way it gets through tyres i want to make sure that they are up to the job

I didn't think Buells ever wore out front tyres.......... :60277EB7B04744289C0

I've ridden proper scrambler tyres (that's a give away) on the roads in the distant past, which can be fun, but they do grip on snow. :D

Not a knobbly, but I have had good results in snow with the Dunlop 616. This was the original tyre Buell fitted to their first Uly's.

6161.jpg

the first ully i rode on demo had those on and they seemed good to me so may be worth a look at them if they are still available. The syncs are good but do you really need that sticky a tyre on what is suppossed to be a multi purpose bike? Though i have to say they have never let go on me in the dry or rain they just don't like the real cold stuff.

i have two sets of wheels for my MT350.
one with nobblys
and one with Avon Distanzia wich are great on the road and are OK off road if not too wet,
john

Back