WLA 1946 in standard condition is worth?

bwbeef

ANYONE TELL ME how much a WLA 1946 in standard condition is worth?
IMG_20220926_111307.jpg

What do you mean by "standard condition"? I am certainly no expert in WLs so might be wrong, but I wasn't aware of Harley making military spec bikes in 1946.

There are WLs on eBay for up to £30k (not selling, it seems).

Like Mick and Gareth I also doubt a 1946 WLA, the last army 45s were made in 1945 (appropriately!) and I have not seen any further military machines until the 1957 XLA - though I'm not likely to bet any of my testicles on there not being some top up contract in between. With the war surplus and the Jeep's success it does seem improbable that the military would need more bikes for some years so this is either not '46 or not a WLA - you do see people calling all Forty-fives WLA though..? Yes I know it is usual to civilianise an army bike but the re-enactment scene has become very expensive so a reverse isn't impossible.

only asking as I saw an add in FACEBOOK advertising one for £4500! when I asked a question I heard no more, so a scam, of course"

Assuming it's a '42 WLA in original military spec and good order, something close to £20k would not surprise me.....£4.5k would raise all sorts of alarm bells.

only asking as I saw an add in FACEBOOK advertising one for £4500! when I asked a question I heard no more, so a scam, of course"
Anything asking less than £10,000 for a "project"; which is inevitably missing a key component such as front forks, gearbox or even an engine: should be considered a scam.

I paid more than £4500 for mine, which was in running order, 15 years ago and considered it a very good deal.

Anything asking less than £10,000 for a "project"; which is inevitably missing a key component such as front forks, gearbox or even an engine: should be considered a scam.

I paid more than £4500 for mine, which was in running order, 15 years ago and considered it a very good deal.

£4500 is 2007 is worth about £7,000 now. That's a pretty good investment.

£4500 is 2007 is worth about £7,000 now. That's a pretty good investment.
I'd say that the bloke who bought that one in the OP did very well, assuming it's a runner; in fact even if it ain't it's still quite reasonable. Al the bits are easily available so long as you don't mind repop; and even that is pretty good quality these days. Stuff like Samwel is as good as if not better than OEM.

Back