103" Glide, cams, head work, PV tune.

Fast Lane

Club Member
This is my best 103" result so far - 119.49 ft/lbs of torque peaking at 3400 RPM! Perfect delivery for a loaded up Tourer. This is a rare example of a perfect combination of parts and an exceptional tune ...

Dyno chart - Copy.jpg

Hi Alex superb figures, i know the 2 into 1 pipe is preferred when a build and tune is taking place but does it reduce the power figures by much if a set of slip on mufflers are used with this set up, i'm not a big fan of tourers with a pipe on one side

Alex did mine.
103, with modified headers and silencers.

Attachments

• 20180907_190600.jpg
    20180907_190600.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 6
the 2 into 1 pipe is preferred when a build and tune is taking place but does it reduce the power figures by much if a set of slip on mufflers are used with this set up

Depends what you call 'much'. In my experience a well designed 2 into 1 beats any 2 separate pipe systems every time in torque development which in 90% of cases is what the owner wants. Ian's build above was one of the best I'd done until this one came along. Note that I said a well designed system - nothing home made ever works well no matter how cool it looks.

i'm not a big fan of tourers with a pipe on one side

This is always the problem. You have to compromise. Some prefer looks over performance, for some the sound is the dominating factor and nothing else matters, others want performance and couldn't care less about the sound and appearance. Usually I struggle to say the words 'Vance & Hines' and 'performance' in the same sentence but this one really surprised me. The owner is an American and he bought the pipe there but it's now discontinued. Never undersetimate the influence the exhaust can have on the figures ...

Last edited:
That curve from 1600 up to 3500 is amazing - rolling torque in 1900 revs. Must be really nice to ride. No doubt you had a test ride.

How do Alex I had a set of TAB Performance slip ons and the look was good but the sound in my opinion was fantastic I fitted them to my CVO street Glide that I had at the time which also had cams and filter changed it was set up at Dyno tune up a Garstang and it was the dogs dangles. I suppose a two into one would have given it some more but for me it was superb

Back