103 inch Street Glide, cams, head work and dyno tune

Fast Lane

Club Member
Another happy Club member - this bike does lots of loaded up motorway miles. No problem with 114 ft/lbs of torque and 107 HP between your legs ...

Dyno chart - Copy.jpg

Re: 103 inch Street Glide, cams, head work and dyno tune

Roughly how much would that cost to do on a 2016 RoadGlide?

Roughly how much would that cost to do on a 2016 RoadGlide?

Paul ... Drop me an email to the link below with more details such as current exhaust system, current tuning device and what sort of budget you want to work to.

Alex, what do the curves look like for a standard 103" engine please - side by side on screen (or same graph) would be better to see what difference it's making, if possible?

Here's a stock 103 Mike - about 81 TQ and 63 HP. I'm not computer clever enough to put them side by side!
stock103inch_1.jpg

Last edited:

Cheers Alex, that's good enough for me - that's quite a difference when you see it on paper. Better start putting some pennies aside I think!

Would it be possible to post a graph of a stage 1 103 for comparison to complete the picture please?Thanks

a graph of a stage 1 103 for comparison

I've personally never dyno'd a Stage 1 bike but I would guess at 10-15% improvement over stock. This could be more or less depending on the components used in the Stage 1. For example a bike fitted with V & H Short Shots and flash tuned with an FP3 would show minimal gains (if any) over a stock bike compared to something with a decent 2 into 1 exhaust tuned with a Power Vision.

Last edited:

Here you go. SE air filter. Krusher silencers on stock header.
This was a stock 103 rushmore street glide with 2k on the clock. Red is the bike as factory stock. Black with the stage 1 and dyno tune to set it up.
HTH.

Cheers Alex, that's good enough for me - that's quite a difference when you see it on paper. Better start putting some pennies aside I think!

If you are thinking of upping the performance, I have a 600 mile SE 110 kit (as below but minus the gaskets/seals) for sale at ?600.00 in mint condition taken off my Fatboy S as i upgraded to 117";

SE110.JPG

Keep in mind when comparing that Halal Tim's chart shows the Rushmore model which came with much better cams than the non Rushmore engine. Mid nineties TQ and mid eighties HP is very good for a Stage 1 level motor.

If you are thinking of upping the performance, I have a 600 mile SE 110 kit (as below but minus the gaskets/seals) for sale at ?600.00 in mint condition taken off my Fatboy S as i upgraded to 117";View attachment 30335
As tempting as that is Dazzlin' it's not really an option at the moment, just paid for a service and two new tyres and waiting for mortgage company approval! ;-)

like i understood all that line thingy.!!!!YEAH
Look does it go git fast as owt can i get more PMG than Hovver, and can you do it for less than what hippy would pay ???? thats the big question

Look does it go git fast as owt can i get more PMG than Hovver, and can you do it for less than what hippy would pay ???? thats the big question

Not sure whether Alex speaks Makem, so he may need a translator ;-)

Not sure whether Alex speaks Makem, so he may need a translator ;-)

He wants it to go faster, do more to the gallon than hovvers bike, and pay less than a tanner. :cool:

Laugh My F+++ing Arse Off. Tea all over my keyboard

If you are thinking of upping the performance, I have a 600 mile SE 110 kit (as below but minus the gaskets/seals) for sale at ?600.00 in mint condition taken off my Fatboy S as i upgraded to 117";

View attachment 30335
How do Darren i'm contemplating a big bore kit on my M8 its a 114" CVO i'm thinking either 120" or 124" not sure yet but I have had a conversation with someone in the trade who said go to 117" big bore kit with a cam and valve springs plus True dual headers without the cat i'm informed this will give me everything i'm after I would also fit use a Thundermax tuner but at the present i'm led to believe that Stinger are looking at a different Thundermax for the M8s

How do Darren i'm contemplating a big bore kit on my M8 its a 114" CVO i'm thinking either 120" or 124" not sure yet but I have had a conversation with someone in the trade who said go to 117" big bore kit with a cam and valve springs plus True dual headers without the cat i'm informed this will give me everything i'm after I would also fit use a Thundermax tuner but at the present i'm led to believe that Stinger are looking at a different Thundermax for the M8s

Having gone from 110" to 117", I can honestly say there is no substitute for cubic inches and on a big bike the additional cubes will give you better pulling power for sure (Torque) assuming the CVO is a heavy Tourer.

The PowerVision is a great V-Twin tuner, which also has many other handy features such as reading fault codes and deleting them if required, plus you can use the same unit on other bikes by just buying a new licence for the other bike, whereas many other tuners don't allow this and marry to one bike.

Have a chat with Alex on this thread as he seems to have uploaded a number of Dyno graphs over the last year, so may have a suggestion for a kit to suit a 114" M8

Back