117 Fatboy S - SE 117 Kit

Dazzlin

Club Member
Just back from the Dyno and pleased with this bolt-on kit result

The Red line is the standard MAP provided by the HD dealer using a SE Supertuner, which having looked at the fuel map on the initial run was too lean at 20% throttle so they ought to be shot at dawn for that.

They also never provided me with a lead so I ended up using my Power Vision for the MAP instead as at least with the PV you can use it for finding fault codes etc.

A classic case of a dealer download MAP is OK to get you running, but it will never be as good as a Dyno set-up.

120.96hp and 124.41 ft lbs

It feels like a very difference bike now :encouragement:
Fatboy S Dyno 140617.jpg

Re: 117 Fatboy S - SE 117 Kit

A classic case of a dealer download MAP is OK to get you running, but it will never be as good as a Dyno set-up

Absolutely - Every engine out there will benefit from a dyno tune, especially with a Power Vision.

What's the rest of the build?

[/CENTER]Absolutely - Every engine out there will benefit from a dyno tune, especially with a Power Vision.

What's the rest of the build?

All standard apart from the 117 SE kit (barrels, pistons, SE 259-E cams, 58mm throttle body etc...) and a Bassini Road Rage II exhaust (2 into 1)

Clutch apparently is fine for up to 135ft lbs and must be OK as no slippage detected so far.

I was thinking of you regarding heads over the winter, but wondered what benefits the standard SE 110" heads would offer after porting

what benefits the standard SE 110" heads would offer after porting

Much improved intake flow capability and velocity and a higher exhaust to intake flow ratio. The throat dimension in the stock 110 intake seats is about 93% of the valve head size which is too big. I replace the stock valve with a better shaped and larger valve to get the throat down to 90% and make the necessary changes to the seat angles. Also the stock chamber volume is around 93cc on the CVO heads and the cam you're using needs much more compression to wake it up. The exhaust ports are very turbulent in those heads which has to be addressed to get them to work efficiently ...

Much improved intake flow capability and velocity and a higher exhaust to intake flow ratio. The throat dimension in the stock 110 intake seats is about 93% of the valve head size which is too big. I replace the stock valve with a better shaped and larger valve to get the throat down to 90% and make the necessary changes to the seat angles. Also the stock chamber volume is around 93cc on the CVO heads and the cam you're using needs much more compression to wake it up. The exhaust ports are very turbulent in those heads which has to be addressed to get them to work efficiently ...

If the compression is increased, would this affect starting as no de-compression valves fitted currently?

Ideally for a high performance engine (at sea level) you want between 195 and 205 psi cranking pressure which needs some form of compression release. Every CVO head I've seen has automatic decompression valves. Have yours been removed?

Ideally for a high performance engine (at sea level) you want between 195 and 205 psi cranking pressure which needs some form of compression release. Every CVO head I've seen has automatic decompression valves. Have yours been removed?

No idea as they are the standard heads that came with the 110" motor.

If they are fitted as standard, I guess they are still there :glee:

Back