1999 m2 cyclone

G

ghengis khan

A friend i work with has a 1999 m2 lying in his shed,bike looks tidy.dont know the milage battery was flat,i would like to buy this bike off him for a project.he wants ?3,000 is this a resonable price for a 1999.any advice appreciated.

Re: 1999 m2 cyclone

2.2k if its a non runner tops. you need to check on recalls and updates to brakes, primary tensioner etc. otherwise you could be spending a lot just to get it useable :D

I only managed 2k for my 2002 M2 to be fair it had a problem with the alarm...which needed sorting... But it was a bugger to shift on.... Nearly broke it.. But hay ho... 3k seems a lot

the prices are creeping up :D

the M2 was the softer Buell , not aggressive enough for some TBH
...unlike the S1 the hooligan Buell

Last edited:

Ah! The S1!

Was my first Buell, fitted the larger rear pulley, 42 mm Mikuni, forcewinder and Supertrap with open endcap...LOVED it!!!
But impossibel to ride sensibly.

The moved on to an X1, completely stock. BORING.

Then came an M2 with MIllenium 1250 kit, different cams, 42 mm Mikuni, Pro-series full exhaust and airbox.
Animal but ugly.

XB9s: easy to live with and sorta fun but not a 'real' Buell to me.

Another X1, this time a millenium with just an exhaust and ECU setup.
BORING but 'special'.....well, sort of...

So another X1, 1250 millenium, 42 mm Mikuni, Termignoni exhaust.
Didn't really like the X1, so why do I keep buying them?

Another X1, red racing stripe...BORING.

Race ready XB9R: cool as fuck but lethal on anything other than absolutely smooth tarmac and not quite enough oomph

XB12 Uly: fucking lethal bike with just the racekit...wheelies everywhere and slippery and slidey come wintertime...missus decided it was not the bike for me.

Guess what I got two weeks ago? Yep, S1 :169B9ADF431545348BC

Back