2000 Softail Deuce 1450

I've just realised that I have yet to post the "after" results.
Dyno runs at Dave Wood Racing again for straight comparisons.

Breakdown of the work done by Alex at Fastlane:
The engine was stripped down and the cylinders and heads sent away to be ceramic coated. Upon their return the cylinders were bored and honed in torque plates to match the new Screamin Eagle 95” domed pistons. The pinion shaft run out was measured at just over 0.001” which is perfect for gear driven cams. The stock cams and chain drive system were replaced with gear driven Wood TW6HG cams and the inner cam bearings were replaced with Koyo B-148 full complement needle roller bearings The outer bearings were replaced with SKF ball bearings, and a Baisley spring was fitted to the cam plate. The heads have had the Street Port Plus cylinder head work service and have had manual decompression valves fitted. The ports were extensively modified including the short side radii, bowl, guide boss and throat areas. A precision valve job was then performed consisting of four angles on the intakes and two angles and a radius on the exhausts. The stock valves were replaced with high flow performance valves – modified 1.9” intakes and 1.57” exhausts and all of the seating faces were vacuum tested before the heads were assembled using new Viton stem seals. The stock valve springs have been replaced with a set of AV & V 0.600” lift dual springs which were set up to provide 150lbs pressure on the seat and 385lbs at the 0.590” peak lift of the cam profile. The combustion chambers were diamond cut to 86.9cc which gives a static compression ratio of 10.25:1 and a corrected compression ratio of 9.4:1with the supplied 3.91” x 0.040” head gaskets. New Hylift Johnson 2313SE lifters have been fitted and have been set to around 0.140” pre load using a set of SE tapered adjustable pushrods and in an effort to minimise any valve train noise, a set of ‘Rockouts’ rocker shaft locks have been used. A new Daytona Twin Tec adjustable ignition unit has been fitted and is set on curves 2 and 2 which is conservative. No pinking was present during the break in period. New chrome upper rocker covers and a cam cover have been supplied and fitted. The new rings were heat cycled and then broken in under load for about 90 miles. After this the break in oil was changed to Motul 20W/50 fully synthetic oil and a new filter fitted. The Mikuni HSR42 currently has a 25 pilot jet and a 160 main jet. The bike is now ready to go to a dyno centre to finish the break in period and have the air/fuel ratio and timing curves modified for optimum performance.

Having run the bike for nearly 2 years with this set up I have nothing but praise for Alex & the work he does.
We went back & forth with different specs & ideas before I finally settled on the final specs.
The dyno figures don't really do justice to the "rideability" that has been added by the engine work.
When we first started talking I described the motors performance as rather underwhelming, which Alex said was the politest way he'd
heard it described.
How would I describe it now, 2 years on?
Hmm, batshit crazy comes to mind. But it's not. You want to cruise along? It does it easily. You want to open the taps & f*ck off into the distance? It can definitely do that too - all while putting a massive shit eating grin across your face.

If Harley had built these motors with anything like this performance then they would have sold so many more of them.

Anyone considering getting some motor work done by Fastlane - do it, you'll not regret it

HARLEY X82ARX CRANK.jpg

Back