2000+up Switchgear on a 95.

H

harleyhog

[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]FYI:[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]I've nearly finished putting Dyna switch kit 70190-00 on a 95 EVO RK with RKCustom (flhrsi) bars, braided brake lines and braided throttle cables.[/FONT]
(Just got the left side to finish, but first I've got to change my new fu(ked front motor mount, thats another story).

[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]Switch kit comes with rather long wiring, ideal for custom style bars.[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]The wiring was *plug and play*, no splicing/soldering to do at all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]Excellent for upgrading old switchgear.[/FONT]

The main reason for this post is to let you know the newer switches are a straight *plug in and go*, back to 95 anyway.
thumbsup.gif

70190_00_M_ac27.jpg

Boogiefool, you're gonna like them. :p

Re: 2000+up Switchgear on a 95.

Dermot, they will fit all the way back to 82 if you are prepared to solder & shrink tube them, or crimp on the old style pins.

I`m checking yer tools & did the wife check out the housing in Folsom:D

Swimming pools all round, now would she be able to keep me away from the bikini clad jubblies? :D

I forgot to mention that new 96 and later style throttle/idle cables are needed, the older one screw in, newer one just push into the housing.
O, a master cylinder as well.
emwink.gif

The main reason for this post is to let you know the newer switches are a straight *plug in and go*, back to 95 anyway.
thumbsup.gif

No soldering, shrink wrap etc ^

Or you can use a tap & screw in the old style.
Never notice the jubblies myself:cool:

Ya know I never even thought of that LOL.
doh.gif

We need longer anyway ones so he got braided ....

Phil, don't talk about jubblies when he's concentratin' on me bike!
He needs all the steady hands he's got.:D
The man is a star, and would be a real credit to any workshop.....he's just too good for the ones over here.

I told him to come work for me over here, but apparently he is obsessed with jubblies:D :D :D

phildhb said:
I told him to come work for me over here, but apparently he is obsessed with jubblies:D :D :D
You mean you don't have them over there?
What the hell am I going to look at later in the year?

Back