2023 - Annual Winchester Pub Crawl

Dazzlin

Club Member
Currently looking to set a date for this.

If you have not voted yet on Facebook, or do not have a Facebook account and intend to join us, please advise preferred date or dates here;

Sat - 2nd Dec
Sat - 9th Dec
Sat - 16th Dec

Majority on the vote wins.

Cheers (y)

I would advocate going early (2nd) as the closer it gets to Christmas the busier the pubs and public transport gets.

pubcrawl.JPG

Saturday 2nd December 2023
The Old Gaolhouse, Winchester

For 6pm

Then the pub crawl starts until last Man/Woman/Her/Him/Them/They etc... standing

Last edited:
Planning on coming up for this, I like beer and it should be a good way to get to meet some of you.

Planning on coming up for this, I like beer and it should be a good way to get to meet some of you.
Would be a great opportunity to meet everyone Gary.

See you at The Old Gaolhouse (Wetherspoons), Jewry Street Saturday :encouragement:

What a great night in Winchester, 17 New Forest and 2 Offshore guests from the IOW. Early evening it was bitterly cold so we spent an hour or so in the Old Gaolhouse Weatherspoons, taking on some carbs and ale. Next stop was the Bakers Arms which was rammed as usual but a great atmosphere so just time for a quicky on route to The Wykeham Arms. A new venu for the Winchester Pub Crawl, less crowded than the high street and good ales on tap with one of my favorites HSB. Heading back to the high street we found the cathedral gates had closed for the night so had a 'Darren satnav' detour around the old walls to The William Walker. In here we found a good one man band playing acoustic rock numbers and a random fella grabbed Daz for a dance :applause: so it was worth another pint just to watch the entertainment! Moving on to one of the favourites, The Eclipse Inn just up the road. Time for a sit down and chat as some in the party needed a little stability so to speak. We had 'last orders' just after midnight at the Eclipse so moved on to our last port of call at O'Neill's. A few left the party at this point, some had accomodation to find and one was in no fit state to continue (no, JTO wasn't with us this time 😁) The remainder headed up the high street in the light rain but at least the temperature was above freezing now. O'Neill's was packed and the band blasted out some great tunes that we all knew well and it seemed the young clientele enjoyed 'the old stuff' as well. To the amusement of every one else I got challenged for ID at the door, I think the doorman was taking the piss but it did cause a laugh 🤨 .
Thanks to Darren for organising and everyone for attending, also good to meet new member Gary from Poole who took the honour of Last Man Standing on his first outing (y)

Winchester (9).jpg

Winchester (20).jpg

Winchester (19).jpg

Winchester (14).jpg

Winchester (12).jpg

Winchester (8).jpg

Winchester (11).jpg

Winchester (6).jpg

Winchester (1).jpg

Winchester (16).jpg

Photo's: Darren & Jo

Back