92 Front Resevoir

dantheman

Club Member
anyone know what thread size the front resevoir off of a twin disc 92 bike is, and what is the actual differance between a single disc resevoir opposed to a dual disc

Re: 92 Front Resevoir

I guess the size thread your looking for is for the banjo bolt?- if so it's 3/8"-24. I think that's the same for single and double cylinders.
Single cylinders have a piston bore of 3/8". and the twin brake cylinders have a bore of 3/4 of an inch, on standard setups there not really interchangeable

Last edited:

jist took the the ferker off its stamped with 11/16th so take it thats the piston size, so if anyone has one o those old ferkers lying around theres some bucks to be made ,cheers dantheman

Hey Dan, For your dual disc FXR you will have an 11/16 m/cyl, it is 9/16 for a single disc. The banjo bolts are metric, I`ll send you the pitch tommorrow, off today. In fact I`ll PM you.

The fitting part numbers for an FXR from my 93 parts book are 41739-84A for single disc and 41747-82A for dual. Since these numbers (-82A and -84A) are in the 93 book they're the same for a 92. It would seem they're different sizes. I would confirm with the dealer before making a purchase.

I believe the master cylinder piston bore sizes may be 5/8" for single and 11/16 for dual disc. Perhaps someone can say for sure.

The part numbers for a 93 FXR master cylinder with lever are 45019-93 for single and 45013-93 for dual. I believe the change from 92 to 93 was the addition of the site glass.

Back