a Bargain PAS?

chopper

Club Member
im in no way looking for another bike after selling the 73 a couple of weeks ago (thats what im telling the missus anyway) but this seems like a real bargain to me!

Ebay Link

cant see what year it is from the add but it says its got an MOT so at least 3 years old...

At 10k for a 21plate, its over priced, compared to what dealers are asking.

Will need numerous upgrades, and ecu flashes, to make it viable. Better off torching it, and getting insurance pay out. M'lud.🤣

Thats a 7k bike in the real world.
Ive done a lot of research on these, and the prices. So has MD.

i did test ride one when i was looking for the sport glide, was very impressed with it, just didnt feel like the bike to replace the FXR hence i got the sport glide... Doesnt mean there isnt room for one in my life :D

Neil. That's a fuken big bargain with extended warranty and it's just down the road from you. What are you waiting for.

Neil. That's a fuken big bargain with extended warranty and it's just down the road from you. What are you waiting for.
if it goes for the starting price, id be very tempted... although there are bikes out there for not much more with a pipe and other extras that i would only add to this anyway

Last edited:
unfortunately living in London and ULEZ thats a no, hence why the FXR went... :(
Could you not just of got your FXR tested? I don't think any bike fails, after a tweak or two. There's even 70's RD smokers getting through:confused:. So I read mind. Might be bollocks.

Could you not just of got your FXR tested? I don't think any bike fails, after a tweak or two. There's even 70's RD smokers getting through:confused:. So I read mind. Might be bollocks.
I contemplated it and spoke to Riverside about it, but in the end decided to move it on and get something newer for long distance use... it would have still been a 30+ year old bike at the end of the day.
Its now in mainland Greece with its new owner!

Reactions: ss2
i did test ride one when i was looking for the sport glide, was very impressed with it, just didnt feel like the bike to replace the FXR hence i got the sport glide... Doesnt mean there isnt room for one in my life :D
Ive done 3000 miles on mine in a couple of months and it just gets better. Kept the 98 RK of course.

There are plenty of cheap 21’s about but the late 22s have important upgrades. @Mark Hammond has written considerably on this bike in the Rev Max section.

👍👍

Be warned dealers are selling 21s by registering them in 22 and inferring thats when they were made. And it’s only the ‘special’ that has the adaptive suspension.

Ive done 3000 miles on mine in a couple of months and it just gets better. Kept the 97 RK of course.

There are plenty of cheap 21’s about but the late 22s have important upgrades. @Mark Hammond has written considerably on this bike in the Rev Max section.

👍👍

Be warned dealers are selling 21s by registering them in 22 and inferring thats when they were made.

PS its only the ‘Special’ that has the adaptive suspension.

Back