A tail of two fobs

Mac1

Club Member
So out I rode to an insignificant destination, parked, postured and returned. Fob off! Nothing! New battery in the fob but hey let’s go and buy another four. Nope. So out comes the fourth emergency service. Tried this. Tried that. I had no expectations. Then the young man produced an interesting “tool”, which held close to the fob identified a weak signal, which said tool “boosted”. Hey presto!

What an interesting day. What to do with my fading fobs though?

hi i had issues with both my softail 01 year and my daughters 2000 sporty tried all the usual fixes battery’s , resets ect new fobs and got them assigned and still the softail Twatted about in the end i got the dealer to turn the security system totally off which solved all the issues bike never failed to start or missed a beat after that in 60k .the issue seems to be the transmitter in the fobs is weak and emits a poor signal so the isolator wont allow bike to start kim used to roll her sporty to the edge of the garage forecourt then the sporty would play due to modern garage fire systems blocking signal when i got new fobs from hd they had a superseded part number which leads me to think that the failures are quite common as the tech in em ages got good locks and a gun now as security with_glasses

Interesting. It’s the first time it has happened though. What did the dealer charge to switch it off please?

He plugged it into their laptop and used their hd software i know tom at house of thunder round here (kent) can do it i think it was £25 all in only took a few mins people will say oooh you insurer ect but i have never known an insurer plug a bike in after a crash or theft they are more worried about it cutting out dangerously and being sued so hard to enforce i just told them it was fitted by hd and part of bike and about all the other locks ect no problem in years

Yes they do but in my case i got the arse with twatting about so getting the tech to turn it off worked best for us on dynas where the ignition key is under yer bum and usually the fobs on the same key ring the fobs hate rain and they seem to suffer more so as did my dyna 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well Oxford Harley said no can do and the following was the response from Warrs,
“Once the TTSM is activated it cannot be deactivated.

In years past you could replace the TSSM with a TSM but due to the age of the vehicle these parts are now obsolete”

Maybe old fobs never die after all!

Well Oxford Harley said no can do and the following was the response from Warrs,
“Once the TTSM is activated it cannot be deactivated.

In years past you could replace the TSSM with a TSM but due to the age of the vehicle these parts are now obsolete”

Maybe old fobs never die after all!
You will prob find a Tsm on the web , the mantra it cant be switched off is hd uks line in case a twat over here tried to sue if the bike is stolen because for sure there will be one who gets the arse with it playing up asks a dealer to switch it off then gets upset and blames the motor co if the bike goes missing and tries to sue there will be a good Indy who has the software to do it or look for a Tsm 🤷‍♂️

You will prob find a Tsm on the web , the mantra it cant be switched off is hd uks line in case a twat over here tried to sue if the bike is stolen because for sure there will be one who gets the arse with it playing up asks a dealer to switch it off then gets upset and blames the motor co if the bike goes missing and tries to sue there will be a good Indy who has the software to do it or look for a Tsm 🤷‍♂️
I even asked Tom Prior direct who said it can’t be done on older models!

Here you go follow it to the letter…… with_glasses worked on a 2000 glide that was a mare in France and we got home the key seems to be the wait to let the units talk ritton over there said he followed this so i copied it here for you hopefully nothing was lost in translation when we were talking this morning (y) IMG_1085.pngIMG_1084.png

Last edited:
Reactions: M&M
I don’t know my pin

To find the PIN that was set for my 2008 Dyna, I had to:

Have the fob with me.
Turn kill switch off (not necessary, but stops the fuel pump priming on a fuel-injected model).
Ignition on, ignition off.
Ignition on, ignition off.
Ignition on.
Press left indicator switch 3 times.
Press right indicator switch once.

PIN displayed.

I don't know if the sequence is the same for a 2001 bike, but the info will be somewhere on the web, together with instructions for changing the PIN and starting the bike without the fob.

Back