A true 95 mph, but not much more...

T

Tezza

Whilst browsing previous posts I noticed many people were wondering about the Street's top speed. Well, given a wind less day and some nice cold oxygen rich air I reckon you'd see about 105 mph top whack. But, and there's always one of those somewhere, 95 mph is more realistic and attainable. However, and there's always one of those too, the Street's geometry, skinny front tyre and sit up and beg riding position, makes the bike wander a little. It's not too bad on a quiet stretch of motorway if you put all your weight over the bars. This is moot really when the National Speed limit is 70 miserable mph.
More to the point and more relevant really is the way the Street can scoot up to daft speeds if you cane it through the gears. Easily able to keep up with 883 / 1200 sportsters and the like. It handles like a dream too, which levels the playing field when playing with more powerful bikes in the twisty bits, lol
Byeee,
Tezza

Re: A true 95 mph, but not much more...

Hi tezza,
I've put lower bars on my XG which has improved the speed and negated the wandering, I'm waiting for some rear sets to turn up from the states then I'll fit clip-ons or ace bars and see how much of a difference they make :).
Frag

Hiya Chris, Crickey you seem to be getting on well with making your Street your own.
Chester H-D had an XG all tricked out with drag bars and other bells n whistles, it looked quite neat and reckon I'll have a bar of that myself. How does it feel to ride with drags fitted? I'm well proportioned i.e. old, fat n stiff what's comfort like over distance mate? I love my Street and intend keeping it until the revolution X Motor gains more c.c's and then I'll have one of them, imagine a 1200 Street, coo, want one in black,
Byeee,
Tezza

Out of curiosity has anyone seen the 500 tested at all..?

Hiya Paul, Most tests of the Street 500 originate in Asia and Australia. Any of the popular search engines will throw up any amount of tests. The bike gets a very good review from most testers. Main gripes are, as we ourselves have found, seat and mirrors in the main. Apparently the 500 is used as a training bike in the States. A stepping stone to something bigger. Which given the size of the bike and its 25 kw power seems to me to be a good idea. Pity it hasn't caught on with training companies in the UK as the 750 with 35 kw is automatically A2 licence compliant and a sure fire way of getting people interested in the Harley brand.
byeee,
Tezza

Hiya Tezza, Yep love messing with the bike with lower bars there's not so much wind blast especially if you put spacers in the top fairing mounts to slightly alter the angle...I put 8 mm spacers and that kicked the fairing over by about 5 degrees doesn't sound much but very effective. A 1200 would be a proper hooligan...I'd definitely get one :) :) :) as for top speed mine's been off the clock.....and still stable.

Frag.

:redface-new: Naughty, naughty Chris - I assume the 'off the clock' incident was done whilst testing said motorcycle on private land and not on the Queen's Highway. We wouldn't condone that for a minute would we :tongue-new: I'm satisfied with 80 - 90 at the moment, some issue with ECILOP and 6 of their magic points, prevents excursions into the Dark Side for me young Skywalker:grief: I'm gonna try drag bars as you seem happy with them, new pegs n such and a caf? Solo seat are on their way and should be here today according to the tracking app. So I'm a well chuffed Tezza at the moment,
Byeee

Some of this wisdom and experience needs to be put in the club magazine for the owners who don't come on here - as well as to help establish the Street within the club. The next issue is likely to have an item on the handover of the raffle bike so that could dovetail nicely..?

Saw my first Street out on the road on Monday. Caught up with him at a roundabout after we'd been filtering for ages. I couldn't make out what it was, with his top box and mahoosive engine bars sticking out but it clicked when I got close enough to read the Edinburgh Harley tagline on his no. plate. It looked spanking new, as did his bike gear so that's one that's hit the spot as someone's ideal commuter. Young fella gave me a big cheery wave when I caught up to him n'all, despite the rain. Good lad!

Some of this wisdom and experience needs to be put in the club magazine for the owners who don't come on here - as well as to help establish the Street within the club. The next issue is likely to have an item on the handover of the raffle bike so that could dovetail nicely..?
Yet to see a Street in my neck of the woods, but there's time. 367 sales in the UK isn't too shabby. Apparently they are selling like hotcakes worldwide. Perhaps the best selling Harley of 2016?
I took your previous words about a follow up to your personal perspective of the Street to mind and popped a few lines to the Editor of my last few months ownership. Should be in the 'Quin December issue. After re-reading my scribbles recently, they look trite and overblown. Hopefully my admiration of the bike will show through and give others food for thought.
Tezza

I'm sure Rog will let you edit/update what you wrote, he is very generous in his support for anyone who makes an effort for the 'Quin. You will enjoy seeing it appear, in the magazine feels very different to the website.

I'm sure Rog will let you edit/update what you wrote, he is very generous in his support for anyone who makes an effort for the 'Quin. You will enjoy seeing it appear, in the magazine feels very different to the website.
Paul, After a 2nd re-read and much contemplation of my navel n such I think I'll keep the piece as is. It might come across as rather na?ve but it's honest and in my own words.

Chris, The parts I ordered came today, new foot-pegs, seat and such. Will fit them in the morning and then see if I can work out how to post some pics.
How are you coming on with your project, which I might add, is rather more interesting than mine. Have you seen the you-tube posting of a Aussie guy modding his Street for circuit racing? It's quite a revelation the amount of bits he's fitted. All go faster / handling stuff. There's a fair bit on him testing the bike and it sure moves well, and he passes a few guys too, much to their disgust :wink:
catch you later,
Tezza

Vinny, Well spotted, so there are more out there. I think once people realise that the Street is the 'ride every day Harley' more people will buy them. They're an absolute hoot to tool about on, narrow and agile. I love mine, the 'Madras Muscle' as christened by Mr P.
Byeee,
Tezza

Back