Another surviver

Simon_A

Club Member Honorary Life member
Another completed winter project (and garage full of smoke)

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Another surviver

Very Nice Simon, always fancied one of those myself but they are getting very hard, and expensive, to find!

The perfect pit bike for the tripple :)

I believe i'm right in saying (and I'm sure he will correct me if I am not) that our esteemed Archivist and Wise man, Mr. Parslow, first joined the club on such a steed as this.

I believe i'm right in saying (and I'm sure he will correct me if I am not) that our esteemed Archivist and Wise man, Mr. Parslow, first joined the club on such a steed as this.

That must have been a real hoot on ride outs

Almost right - I didn't have the girlie X-90 but the tarmac tearing full wheel Z-90, ya can't beat cubes!
(I had hoped to get the red, white and blue zebra crossing on black, one of my favourite factory paint jobs but by the time I turned 17 it was the 1974 blue tank.

Paul Z-90 1974.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev - can you help, don't know why it is upside down, the original wasn't.....?? ( Tom sorted)

(Simon - how about a 'Quin feature? especially if you took pix as you went?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Only a month late. Paul, knowing your dedication for keeping your old Tees, it would not surprise me to know you still have this number one and that it STILL fits!!

As expected I'm getting the run arround from the DVLA. Although I have supplied them a NOVA registration and an extract from the factory dating records they want more dating evidence, an mot, although this is an Historic vehical, and a type approval certificate WTF.
Ideas?

As expected I'm getting the run arround from the DVLA. Although I have supplied them a NOVA registration and an extract from the factory dating records they want more dating evidence, an mot, although this is an Historic vehical, and a type approval certificate WTF.
Ideas?

Kick it upstairs, by letter if you have to;looks like you've been unfortunate enough to run across one of the few folk in DVLA who doesn't know what they're talking about, most of them are pretty good. For a start there was no such thing as type approval in the UK when that was built, as far as i'm aware.

The problem you will have now is the age old one of getting any civil servant to admit that they were wrong. Good luck with that.

Well 2nd attempt at registration will be off to the DVLA to-morrow, Dating certificate from John Warr (very good service) and an MOT to-day. We'll have to see where the type approval thing goes.

I don't know whether it still applies Simon but when I have been through this process proof of insurance was necessary.
Good luck.

Quite right Dave, and proof of who you are. They like making the envelope big ��

If it's any consolation, my brother took something like four or five attempts before finally getting sorted with a little Aprilia thing. The worst bit was the dating "certificate" from Piaggi (I think), that cost 40 Euros direct from Italy, but looked as if it had been badly forged by a blind man. He duly sent it off and it was quite rightly rejected.
He then complained to Piaggi UK and received a full apology and a proper certificate and finally got it all sorted!

Back