Anyone doing any rally’s this year

Buck

Club Member
It’s been a bust, let’s face it boys and girls, so is anyone planning on doing any of the few remaining events this year, if so let me know and if the dates work I will gladly do the miles with you, I’m I need of bikes, beer, cigars and good people to offset the bullshit we have all had to go through.

I'm currently overseas (since September) and, assuming I get back to the UK in late June-ish, I'm hoping to get to Shovelfest, Triple Rally and the Fenlanders HOG rally in Norfolk in July before I ship out again at the end of July.

That's assuming that the Indiant Variant of covid (this scariant that seems to be flooding the hospitals and destroying the health service, if you believe the lying media and government) does not kill us all.

Except the facts are that only 3% of the people infected with the Indian variant were vaccinated, and the number of people hospitalised by this scary, virulent, latest scarient of covid in the UK hotspots resulted in the following number of hospital inpatients per PHE last week:

Bolton - a real hotspot for death and carnage ..... 41 inpatients representing 4% of the number of beds
Blackburn,... 15 inpatients representing 2% of the number of hospital beds
Leicester... 9 inpatients
Bedford .... 13 inpatients, 1% of the total number of NHS beds
Hounslow... 13 inpatients...

So when the media tries to scare everyone back under their beds with screaming headlines of 20% increase in infections... that probably translates into another 1 person in hospital Leicester, another 3 people hospitalised in Blackburn (less than 3% of the beds available)... etc. Get your masks back on people, hide under your beds again, keep that social distancing going......

Was it Disreali who usd the quote "lies, damned lies and statistics"?

Well, it's the UK government and the media trying to scare everyone back under their beds with claims of 20% increases in whatever... (when the only thing that really matters is deaths, because if young people contract the virus and recover, thats a good thing). Sadly, the government has recognised that the majority of the UK public are too stupid to ask rational questions.

Rallies 2021??? Hopefully, but possibly not.

Last edited:
As it stands. Yorkshire pudding rally and Stormin the Castle are still going ahead (me and the bed warmer will be attending these). The bint and i are still going to Aviemore end of Aug too, even though the HOG do is cancelled, there are still a lot of folk going up anyway.

Back