Best European Breakdown Insurance Cover For HD Electraglide?

Dreamcatcher

Hi all,

My 2nd Harley i've owned, plus previous extended trips into Europe and parts of Africa under my belt. However, I am seeing a wide variation in insurance breakdown cover from 57 GBP to over 450 GBP for 5 weeks European breakdown cover. Does any of our members have a particular preference when it comes to getting breakdown cover for riding abroad, in terms of best price and best level of service?

Have a solo trip into Europe coming up shortly and looking to get suitable cover.

Many thanks.

I'm with Green Flag for all of my vehicles and compared with others big name Vehicle recovery services a prefer them

Thanks Army. I am with Green Flag on the car but on the Harley Green Flag wanted 347 GBP just for 5 weeks of breakdown cover which is a tad expensive I think. My other bike and a car are with Carole Nash so am just on with seeing who they use and how much it will cost. Will post on here if of any use. Thanks army.

Thanks Army. I am with Green Flag on the car but on the Harley Green Flag wanted 347 GBP just for 5 weeks of breakdown cover which is a tad expensive I think. My other bike and a car are with Carole Nash so am just on with seeing who they use and how much it will cost. Will post on here if of any use. Thanks army.

What about Harley Davidson insurance its been a couple of years since I was insured with them but they offered free international recovery or am I thinking of HOG membership I'm not sure ( it's an age thing )

I've had Carole Nash european cover for many a year. . . tempting fate here. . . never had to use it!

Friend had some on-going electrical problems (twice on the same trip), with a Sportster this year - had RAC euro cover - more than happy with their willingness to help on both occasions. But no idea how much that cost.

Many thanks to all who responded.
Carole Nash is quoting 66.99 GBP for annual UK and European Breakdown cover (but must take out a new overall policy as not an add-on to an existing policy). I have a couple of policies with Carole Nash but do not know if their breakdown cover is any good either in the UK or outside the UK? Does anybody have experience of using Carole Nash for breakdown cover?

Thanks Kinghog for the HarleyAssist heads-up, extremely good price at 49 GBP per annum (almost too good to be good) does anyone have experience of using HarleyAssist abroad perhaps?

Thanks to all who responded, FYI for obtaining European Breakdown cover on my HD Electraglide:
I have gone with Carole Nash (but not for simplicity...pfff several calls with their representatives in other countries, started 12.28hrs today and they managed to add European Breakdown cover at 17.12hrs today but according to them I had to take out a new policy and cancel my existing). Carole Nash charged 66.99GBP for European Breakdown cover.
Online quote from MAG (Thanks Halal Tim) was 139 GBP for year.
Online quote from Harley Assistance was 49.99 GBP for the year but for me, not much detail in their policy, and untested waters???

Thanks guys

Thanks to all who responded, FYI for obtaining European Breakdown cover on my HD Electraglide:
I have gone with Carole Nash (but not for simplicity...pfff several calls with their representatives in other countries, started 12.28hrs today and they managed to add European Breakdown cover at 17.12hrs today but according to them I had to take out a new policy and cancel my existing). Carole Nash charged 66.99GBP for European Breakdown cover.
Online quote from MAG (Thanks Halal Tim) was 139 GBP for year.
Online quote from Harley Assistance was 49.99 GBP for the year but for me, not much detail in their policy, and untested waters???

Thanks guys
as regarding the harley assist my mate broke down on top of the pass coming from italy made the call an was recovered within 1 hour< the took the bike to the local dealer and him and his wife wer put up in a hotel of his choice ( he didnt go 4 star) he paid for it and the taxi next day to the dealer, 1 week later after mailing the receipts he had full refund,,

Dear Kinghog,
Many thanks for your feedback.
I have committed myself to Carole Nash European Breakdown for this year now but will definitely give Harley Assistance a go when my current policy expires. Will certainly plug Harley Assistance to other Harley riders I know or meet.(y)(y)

Many thanks to all who responded.
Carole Nash is quoting 66.99 GBP for annual UK and European Breakdown cover (but must take out a new overall policy as not an add-on to an existing policy). I have a couple of policies with Carole Nash but do not know if their breakdown cover is any good either in the UK or outside the UK? Does anybody have experience of using Carole Nash for breakdown cover?

Thanks Kinghog for the HarleyAssist heads-up, extremely good price at 49 GBP per annum (almost too good to be good) does anyone have experience of using HarleyAssist abroad perhaps?
I maintain HOG membership purely for the discount on HD parts and insurance, which provides excellent cover for both European travel and accident damage - I've had to use both. When I had an electric problem in Sweden, the call handler patched me on to a UK based tech who talked through the problem with me, I was back on the road in 30 mins. Couldn't fault the service, anyone else would have me sat on the roadside waiting for a breakdown truck for hours.

Thanks Dynalow,

I was with HOG membership when my American colleagues talked me into buying a HD Road King Classic and shipping it to Spain (all I ever heard all day, and still do, was how the HD was best bike in the World....), but my membership lapsed. Time to reinstate it I guess.
Thanks

I maintain HOG membership purely for the discount on HD parts and insurance, which provides excellent cover for both European travel and accident damage - I've had to use both. When I had an electric problem in Sweden, the call handler patched me on to a UK based tech who talked through the problem with me, I was back on the road in 30 mins. Couldn't fault the service, anyone else would have me sat on the roadside waiting for a breakdown truck for hours.
you get what you pay for, thats why i use harley insurance an hog membership, it pays for itself an peace of mind

Back